Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've driven BMW's and other German cars for many years and have used Zymol products on all of them (not those typically available at mass-merchants). Examples include their HD Cleanse and Carbon Wax products. I've been pretty satisfied with the results obtained.

Now that I have a new MDX, I'm curious as to how the Zaino product family stacks-up to the equivalent Zymol ones....and WHY?? I realize there are differences between German and Japanese (pseudo Canadian) paint materials. Is it enough to warrant a switch in brands here??

Comments welcome!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Biggest diff...

Zymol (whether the stuff from a specialty shop or 'mass marketer') has various kinds of botanically derived waxes.

Zaino is 100% non-botanical.

Different philosophy.

Zymol = finest waxes to be found in nature.

Zaino = power of science.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I finally switch to zaino from maguire and this stuff is awesome, very easy to use and will make your X looks brand new all the time. :cool: :D

So fellow mdxers try it out and you'll never go back!:D

·
Registered
715 Posts
denisk, I, too, was a Zymol user, until I found the light......and got tired of all that powdery residue that Zymol leaves behind.

misterjon posted some URL's previously that are worth reviewing.

finally, whatever differences there are between German/Japanese paints are mitigated by the clearcoat, unless some marketing genius will have us believe that there are differences in the types of clearcoats, too!:D

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I also had been a Maguire's fan, but now I am a fully converted Zaino user. My black MDX is so shiny that I could use it to shave! My wife has a BMW 530i that we expect to take delivery on in a couple of weeks. I had read a few postings both here and on the BMW forum that Zaino would not be appropriate because of the differences in the paint. Not wanting to take any chances, I emailed Sal Zaino, who assured me that Zaino would absolutely not yellow, cloud or otherwise adversly effect the BMW paint. He said he has used Zaino on German cars for years.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got to say that I had heard about Zaino on the Acura-TL board discussed many times. I was always skeptcal about what people would say about the product, results. But to hear a guy do a test that from the beginning, he thinks his great product is going to win hands down, & say that Zaino is easy to use & blows away the comp. (even his $144/ bottle "stuff") , that's impressive. I just may have to break down & buy some of the stuff:D (Zaino- not the Zymol!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts