Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Octavian, Worm, all you other Zaino pros--
I've got my Zaino supply, and I'm all ready to go. One question -- how safe is Zaino? It's a chemical, obviously, but do I need to worry about prolonged exposure to it? And what about children who I will ultimately force to help me wash the MDX? Are they safe? I couldn't find anything on the Zaino website about this.

Thanks for your continued help.

Jon

·
Registered
396 Posts
Perhaps you could request some MSDS's from Zaino.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yea, there is no content or caution info on the bottles/packaging for any of the products, except there may be the "keep away from children" deal but not much more than that.

I don't know the answers to your questions -- like Emerald sez, give Sal and call and ask for the MSDS stuff.

I can tell you that EVERYTHING SMELLS FANTASTIC except for z1. Nonetheless, do not ingest or inhale any of the products...

Let us know what Sal says!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Im not sure about Zaino, but I know drying the MDX can be hazardous if you use a wobbly step stool and try to overreach to dry the crossbars of the roofrack, as my recovering broken heel can attest to.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You mean the 8 oz of Z6 I added to my Chivas on the rocks could be bad for me?:D Sure tasted good though! Damn....seems like everything I like could possibly kill me!

Seriously, probably good to check it out with Sal, but I would be surprised if he doesn't come back with the usual legal disclaimers....."do not ingest" and "prolonged contact with the skin can be hazardous" and "keep out of the hands of children and Zaino addicts who insist on putting several coats without wearing rubber gloves" etc., etc.....

The sweet smell of the various products (except Z1 which even vultures and posers shy away from) COULD be an inducement for children....so I would keep all these products away from them just in case.

As far as exposure is concerned, I rarely am in direct contact with any of the products, though I inhale the stuff in my garage when I apply the various Z's.

mister, let us know what response you get....and thanks for bringing up this issue which a lot of us hadn't thought of.

Say, maybe we can track down this guy who put 300 Zaino coats on (Homer might know who I am talking about)....with all that Zaino if he is still alive and hasn't grown a third arm or lost all his hair, maybe we are safe.:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Octavian--
I thought the Zaino rule of thumb was "use half the Zaino you think you're going to need." I'd suggest 4 oz of Z6 with your Chivas. And if you add some ZFX, you'll sober up in 15-25 min. instead of 2-4 hours (depending on humidity.)

Jon

·
Registered
128 Posts
octavian said:

Say, maybe we can track down this guy who put 300 Zaino coats on (Homer might know who I am talking about)....with all that Zaino if he is still alive and hasn't grown a third arm or lost all his hair, maybe we are safe.:)
hehe - yea, Sean is still alive and flying commercial airliners for a living . . . so i HOPE he's OK from the exposure :D :D

i know he picked up a new car a little while back - i think the other one was getting too wide to get into the garage at night with all those layers on it :eek: :D ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Update

Okay, just talked to Sal, and here's what he said...

Z1, Z2, Z5 contain 11% light mineral spirits, and no other solvents. No ingredients have a CAS number (which the EPA assigns to extremely hazardous substances.) Sal doesn't have MSDS's available for his products (Material Safety Data Sheets) because they are not used in the workplace.

Sounds good to me. Sal even said if it weren't for the mineral spirits, you could drink the stuff -- so Octavian, you may already be onto something.

Happy Zainoing!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Glug, blub, swallow, blug, glug.....huh? what did you say, Jon? I was too busy enjoying my latest Zaino concoction.:D

Not surprised at what Sal said. Many synthetic protectants contain one or two polymers in a petroleum solvent base which can make up to 60% (by volume) of a product's 'secret sauce'.

11% is practically nothing.

Thanks for the follow up......now, where DID I put my drink.......;)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Thanks again for checking on that...it was a great question!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts