·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Zaino be used on/over 3M clear bra? Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've been wondering if on the seam, where the bra ends does one get a build up of dirt/grime/wax there? Are there any black X's out there that actually wear the bra?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Casique said:
Can Zaino be used on/over 3M clear bra? Thanks.:confused:
LINK to previous discussion on 3M material.

From a 3M installers site regarding ScotchCal;

Special Care:
What if I want to take my car through a car wash or have it waxed?
You can do anything to the shield that you normally do to the rest of the car's finish. The shield will accept wax and polishes just as your paint does and will last longer with regular applications.
What do I do when wax builds up on the edges of the kit when I wax my vehicle?
A soft, damp terrycloth towel, Q-Tip or soft brush will remove any wax build-up that may occur.

·
Registered
202 Posts
3M Film.Watch Soft Facia material!!

You can wax over the film it will actually help to fill the scratches that occur from road fim etc and offer some protection.This is the only film that is TRUELY clearcoated which adds gloss and offers protection against the elements.If you have the film over "soft Facia" parts you need to tell the car wash guys NOT to use high pressure water i.e a pressure washer on it as it will destort the bumper enough to allow water to get behind the film.The normal car wash will not effect it though.Just wipe the wax from the edge thoroughly and you should be fine.
Tom
3M Company

·
Registered
12 Posts
re: 3M ScotchCal issues?

I agree with the others in here with the way you treat your clear bra. I would also suggest that if you have the ride detailed that youmention to them about the product so they run a bufer over the edge and burn it.

I worked for a detail company and when this stuff first came out years ago we didnt know what it was. Needlees to say someone there burnt the product and we had to pay to have it fixed.

I have Stongard on my truck now and I swear by it. With all the road conditions I drive through, I am glad that I am protected.

Remember knowledge is everything and assumption is ignorance.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Grime on the line (Scotchcal

A good way to get the "crud" from around the scotchcal after you wax is to use a soft bristle toothbrush to hit the seam. it will not scratch the paint at all, and might be necessary to get everything off. Just running a rag over the seam leaves wax dust along the line and it looks like crap. I own a Dark Emerald Green MDX and if anything shows dirt, it does.

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts