Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent group buy, I decided to try another Zaino product, Z16 Tire Gloss. I tried it today for the first time after washing my X.
While the results look good, the application process was certainly far less simple than many of the spray on glosses. It comes in a bottle about the same size as Z6, but without any sort of spray nozzle. rather, it is applied with a towel, rag or sponge, and wiped on. I used two coats as suggested on the instruction panel for a deeper gloss. After drying, the tires did in fact look quite good, clean, satiny and a little shiney.
Later in the day, my wife and I went to dinner, and on the way home we drove through a rain storm. I will be very interested to see if the product held up through the rain. This inspection will be done in the AM.
Overall, i would say, that unless it holds up better and longer than the spray on products, this will be the first Zaino product that I will not reorder.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaleB said:
We expect a thorough report on your findings, sir.
Before and after pics would not be bad either. What do you think?
here is a picture taken this morning...z16 applied yesterday, car was driven in rain last evening...you be the judge...

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
looks black to me

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looks dull to me. I use a product I buy at WalMart called "wet & black" and it holds up quite well in the rain & looks very nice. The only thing I don't like about it - it leaves a greasy film so when you wash it off, your rag is black.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I tried the Z16 with the group buy also. I haven't used it yet, but from your post and pic I should have ordered something different.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I used the Z16 about 3 weeks ago and it still looks as good as the day it was applied. It gives a nice even dark black satin finish and it is not oily like many products. Also it protects the rubber.

I don't think the pix in the earlier post does the z16 justice.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Z16, like most Zaino products has a cumulative effect. It will look better, even through rain, the more you have applied it. Not perfect, but beats everything I have tried, including silicone based stuff that is greasy. It is very similar to 303 Aerospace Protectant, for those of you that have tried that.

I pour the Z16 into a spray bottle and spray into a curved applicator sponge (available at Walmart) and then apply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sal Zaino and myself do not like air bourn tire shine products, Sal could have put a sprayer on the Z-16 but he did not want the product to be sprayed because most people dress their tires after fully detailing their paint and wheels and they do not realize that when spraying the tires the tire dressing goes every where and gets on the paint and wheels ruining your previous work.

Also, Sal did not formulate the Z-16 for a very, very high gloss (he could have if he wanted to) like say Eagle One Wet, Sal thought that more adults would prefer the deep satin gloss look rather than the glazed doughnut look.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Kevo, right you are. Spray on stuff gets everywhere if you try to spray it on the tire directly. Which is why I spray it on the applicator, then apply.

The satin look to me is more natural than the shiny look of competing products as well. But those glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme are pretty good.;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like Zanios z16. It has great staying power even through rain showers. And as a earlier post stated the most you use it.... my car gets it every two weeks and looks as good thru out till the next application.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be fair, I tried another coat of Z16 the other day. It has been hot and humid since then with no rain. Here is how the tires look today...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts