Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Zaino since I got my MDX and the shine is unbeatable. Considering Texas heat, how does Zaino compares to other "car wax" product in protection department? I don't care about the shine I think we need to know how this product also protects the paint.

Or does "car wax" products protects against UV at all?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Zaino has UV protection. z2/6/7 for sure; no mention on their site about z3/5. I imagine a number of other polymers do, too.

Not sure about carnauba waxes. Presumably polymers have better longevity than carnaubas in high-heat areas because the carnaubas "melt off". Not to the extent that there's a pool of wax under the car, of course.

Keep in mind, Zaino will not protect your finish from errant tumbleweeds or scratches from oversized belt buckles like Octavian wears :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hey hey hey, Worm, didya think you could slip this post by me, huh? huh? Oversized belt buckles, my foot! I'll have you know I wear regula size buckles, my friend, however, muh hat IS oversized. It swells up in the Texas heat, dontcha know!;)

Let me address carding's question. Carnauba waxes typically contain one or two polymers in a petro solvent base. However, Zaino, being primarily a water-based polymer, contains many more polymers that not only are safe for all finishes, but offer extreme resistantce to heat and UV.

In fact, Zaino offers stable protection far above the 180 degrees that is typical with carnaubas (at that temp, carnaubas tend to melt!).

Zaino incorporates strong surface bonding with cross-linking (hence many coats = goodness) and it is exceptionally dust and water repellant.

Huh? Whad I jest say? I can't even understand muh own words.....way too big for an ol' country boy.;)

So, rest assured, carding, you done good in putting Zaino on in Austin. You may even wind up hookin' more horns down there, ya know what I am sayin'?

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts