Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after almost two years (!), we have joined the club. We picked up our Taffeta/Quartz Touring RES Sunday from Prestige Acura in Santa Rosa, CA. If you are looking for a no hassle buying experience--call Prestige and ask for David Woods. No markup/no forced options.

We now have three MDX's in my extended family, although I have the 260hp hot rod.

It is beautiful--I guess I will have to buy a digital camera to show the pictures. I spent most of yesterday reading the 404 page owners manual.

Couple of first impressions--the FM radio could have better reception, but the RES is sweet! The RES X comes with a welcome DVD from Acura that includes some cartoons for the kids. What a picture!

Now comes the part where I get to bug all of the "seasoned pros" about accessories and the like. What I need info on now is for two things. The cargo net--does it work? Second, what is the best type of bike rack? I am thinking of a hitch model. Is it recommended to buy the hitch from Acura?

I know there may be some past links to discussions on these topics--that would be cool to get those links.

Thanks in advance--BTW, if anyone is interested in a Taffeta/Quartz Touring RES in Northern CA--my original order is still in the system for delivery late March/early April to Prestige Acura

;)

Boxand1

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on your new X! As far as the cargo net goes, I think it serves it's purpose. Definitely worthwhile, whether in vertical, or horizontal mode.

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,cargo net,Husky all weather floor mats and cargo tray

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Congrats and Welcome~~~

Yes, Cargo Net serves me well. So it should serve you well too. :D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Welcome aboard ...

... and the Cargo Net is a very useful accesory.

Use Search to locate several active threads discussing Bike Racks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
boxand1?

Hoops reference? I assume you were known for you D? Or were you the guy they had to put the box and 1 on?

Roofer

...gettin' too old to play with 20 year olds...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I should get a cut from Acura--I think a guy that works with me is going to get one as well:2:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Re: Welcome aboard ...

msu79gt82 said:
... and the Cargo Net is a very useful accesory.

Use Search to locate several active threads discussing Bike Racks.
Mega Dittos and welcome. We want pics of all those X's together

1 - 11 of 11 Posts