Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our new 2002 Black on Black Touring X yesterday. We ordered in late May at Pohanka Acura, Northern VA. Our "X" arrived right on schedule this past week. Although we paid sticker, the dealer did throw in about $600 worth of extras at no cost, and, waived the processing fee.

Since yesterday, 100 miles and my wife and I could not be happier. Just a great SUV! Everything we had hoped for, AND MORE. Looking forward to many, many more enjoyable miles.

BTW, we opted for the Body Side Mouldings, both for looks and for protection. They have already "saved" our X from a careless shopper at the supermarket. Instead of a nasty door-ding, a simple wipe of the BSM with a rag and no ill-effects....thank goodness!

:2:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Welcome to the org! The longer you own your X, the more it grows on you.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome MDXTour,

I ordered my SS Touring/Nav from Pohanka mid-May and received it June 12 (from a cancellation). I got the same deal -$600 off and no processing fee.

You will enjoy it more each day! My X has been in the shop since Friday for a new Audio/Video install and I sure do miss it.

Have fun driving around Northern VA. I am seeing more and more X's everyday. My son was here last week on semester break from Colorado and he couldn't believe how many X's there were. He had only seen one in Boulder during the past three months and there were at least five at the Dulles hourly parking lot.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Congrats MDXTour...

Enjoy your ride. Maybe I will pass by you one day. :)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Congratulations and ...

... welcome aboard:1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!

RStevens, I read your post on the a/e page. Sounds like you're going all out. I can't wait to see some pics of the final results.

I'm starting to think these forums (and the great ideas/toys) are going to cost me alot of money down the road!
:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, these forums have already cost me a bundle. It is like Toys R Us for big kids.

I visited the X in the install shop Saturday and almost the whole interior has been dismantled. They had the Dynamat Extreme installed in most of the interior door, floor and side panels and the speaker wire routed through all the channels. I'll get another visual update tomorrow or Wednesday and maybe some pix for posting.

After four days of no X and another week or more before completion I'm going through major withdrawall! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts