Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we picked up our brand new MDX yesterday -- fun!

Everything looks great except the cargo liner. What an eyesore! We got the Mesa Beige exterior so it comes with the SADDLE (tan) interior. BUT, the cargo liner is jet BLACK -- not color matched :confused: . It looks bad enough in the back, but it also wraps over the top of the middle row of seats a couple inches, so you see the black fabric from the front also. Yech!

We are going to ask the dealer if we can swap this for the cargo tray. If I want to use the liner to protect the carpet once in a while. it would be a huge hassle because of how long it would take to install each time. At least the tray is one piece (I hope!) and could go in and out quickly.

I sure wish I had asked if the liner was the same color as the interior. It probably looks just fine in the black interior -- as shown in the only pictures I ever saw.

We also got the cargo net which is also BLACK. At least it can be hidden away in the storage box when not in use. Now I need to figure out how in the Sam Hill to hook it up to be useful. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Congrats! Pick mine up tomorrow. I preordered the net and tray for mine. Yes the tray is one molded piece, just flexible eoungh to roll up a ways if you put up the 3rd row seats, at least according to a pic I saw on this forum.
The preordered net comes with instructions. Did you get the metal clips with it?
If you don't have instructions you can download them at www.hondacuraworld.com

Good luck!

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats! I also have the Mesa Beige Met. & didn't want the BLACK cargo liner. So, I got ahold of Tim from Hondacuraworld & bought the tan color Weather Tech cargo tray. It looks much better. I don't know if he has the entire back-end type. This one covers the back flat area only. Good luck

·
Registered
285 Posts
Lrpba300 said:
Congrats! I also have the Mesa Beige Met. & didn't want the BLACK cargo liner. So, I got ahold of Tim from Hondacuraworld & bought the tan color Weather Tech cargo tray. It looks much better. I don't know if he has the entire back-end type. This one covers the back flat area only. Good luck
any picture about that weather tech cargo tray??? i'm sooo much interested..... thanks...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, thanks for all your help!

My dealer will swap me straight across for the tray. The black tray in the pictures ( http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1163 ) looks much better than the liner. The dealer will also give me some cash back, so I think I'll talk to Tim and see what that tan one costs.

Anybody have pictures of the tan tray?

·
Registered
285 Posts
here's the link and more detailed comparison of the weathertech cargo tray(tan) including pictures.... one disadvantage the weathertech tray has is that it blocks the 4 hooks on the cargo floor, whereas the acura one has cutouts for those hooks...

i search the net for weathertech cargo tray prices, the lowest one asks about $89.99 (S&H included), i think tim asks for about the same price....

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4273

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'll get some pic's asap. I just cut out the one hook hold down I needed. It was EASY to cut. The WeatherTech is very flexable, but strong.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Here's a couple pics to show the Weather Tech from Tim...

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Here's a close up w/ the hook cut-out in the tray....

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pics! I think I'll get the cash back for the liner and order the tan tray from Tim. I then decide if I want to cut holes for the tie-down hooks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts