Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
856 Posts
Thanks, cr,

I think I remember a post about this. Thanks for the reminder. I think I checked the Thule site before and it indicated that this would not work with the MDX. Now the site indicates that it does work.:p

I guess my only questions are 1) do you think this solution is just as solid/stable as a typical setup? and 2) does the attaching clip connect in such a way that the trays cannot be removed from the factory rack without keys (or at least abnormal tools)? Thanks, I would love to see the pics when you have a chance.

· Registered
856 Posts
Good points on both fronts. The Yakima choice (mgmdx) gives more flexibility and is a more finished look. On the other hand, it is a daunting task for an amateur and cr's solution is easier. I guess it depends on individual needs. I only need bikes so I might go with the 889. Just a note that cr posted pics of the 889 solution in another thread. Great work by both of you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.