Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been using the Yakima LoadWarrior for the past year and recently added the 18" extension to increase the carrying capacity. I use it mostly for carrying backpacks when taking my Scouts camping and have been very happy with it's functionally and ease of installation. I"m going to try to attach some pics to show how it looks on the "X". Note that the Loadwarrior with the extension just fits between the sunroof visor and the rear radio antennae.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Great! My wife and I have been contemplating getting that one, w/o the extensions. Mostly would use it to put items that would have fit in the back when the 3rd row seat are up. Pics on a actuall MDX would prob finalize the deal.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay - just learned that posting pictures is not as simple as I thought it would be! :confused:

Think I just figured out how to do it but the wife is crying that it's time to log-out (or in) but I PROMISE to post pics by tommorow night.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
no prob will be here.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I'd like to see the pics also. What's the cost compared to the Acura one?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I think the price for the load warrior is bout $280. The Acura one is 305 ( Tim's price )

I noticed in a parking lot that a Volvo XC90 .
has the same basket just has the volvo name instead of the acura logo. I belive some on the forums said they are both made by thule, or was it yakima.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay - here are the promised pics of the Yakima Load Warrior roof basket with the 18" extension installed on my 2002 MDX

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Thanks for the pics! But is there a chance you can take one more 3/4 front view same elevation as the MDX?
THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid $219.00 for the LoadWarrior basked at REI during their annual Yakima sale (each May) and an additional $80.00 for the extension. The stretch basket net was an additional $24.00.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Nice, but at a angle

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Kinda like this

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Ohh do you remove it? Or are you going to permantly mount it???

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I only intall it when I need to use it. It takes less than 10 minutes to install and less than 5 minutes to remove. I can do it by myself but a short step-stool is really helpful (as I'm not that tall...). It is so simple to remove that I'm going to buy the locking brackets to keep anyone else from removing it while I'm out hiking in the woods.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts