Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when everyone was speculating what the 03 MDX would include, there was a lot of talk about XM Satellite Radio. It is now apparent that Acura will not offer this as an option, but I am still interested in it. Does anyone know of hardware that would look nice in the MDX (not out of place) and where a good spot to have it installed is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Some have chosen the 'space' under the center console. The Pioneer is supposed to have better controls, and the Sony better compact looks.
Personally, with the plan of making XM and Sirius compatible systems, and the advent of new models I am waiting to see what '03 holds in store.
Satellite radio has not met all sales expectations, nothing I want to jump into yet, but the cost is still quite reasonable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Install

I have three XM receivers in three cars. If you get one unit, you will be hooked. The selection, ease, and programming of XM Radio is absolutely incredible. You will never listed to the regular TERRESTIAL systems again.

I purchased my 02 touring (non-Nav) about 6 weeks ago. I traded out a 3.2TL (which had the pioneer XM system in it) and installed that in my 300ZX. I thought I would ride around without the XM for a while, but after a couple of weeks, I was losing my mind listening to the babble of the local DJ's. There is a new Dephi unit out that is really neat, but the size and colors would clash with the X's display. For these two reasons, I recommend the Sony Universal (not the plug n play) that interfaces through the radio. The display fits perfectly under the radio and has a color scheme that matches the internal gauges and displays on the radio and trip computer. The XM receiver mounts perfectly under the passenger seat while the external TERK flat antenna sits next to the antenna on the top.

XM is ahead of their sales projections, Sirius is not. XM was the "firstest with the mostest." - excellent system.

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DNLeeper.
Could you post some pictures of your setup? I am seriously considering this, but only if I can find a nice, appealing spot for it in my new X.

Also, what is the exact Sony model you are referring to? I see the DRN-XM01R2 that says it installs to the back of your radio, but it still says that it has an FM modulator.

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
XM Radio Fan

I have had a XM radio in my "X" since Nov 01. I have the pioneer model that fits under my passenger seat. THe "remote" is held in my right hand and I can change stations ( pre-programmed) with out even looking at the display.

I also have a Dephi Ski-Fi unit for my office and it too is a real gem of a toy for me. Ski-Fi's preview screen lets me see whats playing on the other channels. I live in Montana and our radio stations are far and few so XM is going to be with me for a long time. I would like factory and will probably wait until Acura puts it in their cars. I'm happy with my add on non the less. :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
CLUBXM.com

Hey fellow "X"ers check out the CLUBXM.COM forum. It answers a lot of our questions.

:21:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts