Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The available XM Satellite Radio delivers 100 channels of satellite radio programming that is accessible across the entire country 24 hours a day. With more than 136,000 subscribers as of June 30, 2002, XM Satellite Radio will be available October 1 on the Honda Accord, Pilot and Acura MDX.

Also a DVD-based rear entertainment system (available on the Accord Sedan for the first time) features a flip down 7-inch high-resolution TFT-LCD screen mounted for use by the rear passengers, a wireless remote control and wireless headphones. The system allows front and rear passengers to listen to separate audio sources and offers separate inputs for video cameras, game consoles or other devices. I am sure the same will be soon available for the MDX if the Pilot has it...

A new MP3 Player as an option will play compact discs burned with MP3, WMA or standard audio files. Offering near CD audio quality, more than 10 CD's-worth of MP3 music files fit onto a standard recordable disc in the new Accord and speculation says that it will be offered in the MDX as well...

We will just have to wait and see....

·
Registered
101 Posts
XM is Awesome

I recently had Pioneer XM radio (FM converter) installed for my birthday and LOVE it. Crystal clear reception and no more hunting for radio stations on long drives. Gotta have that NASCAR! Go #24.:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
XM option for '01X?

I'm wondering whether the dealer-installed XM radio option in the '03s can be installed in an '01. I'd like to add XM radio without having to have some type of custom install work done....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm assuming that the dealer-installed XM radio option would involve some sort of swapping out of the head unit, since there's no reason it can't be a built-in as opposed to an add-on. I use that space in the console under the radio....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm assuming that by XS you're referring to Sirius, which is the satellite radio company competing with XM. I don't know much other than XM beat Sirius to market, and that XM seems to be better capitalized than Sirius. Neither one of them are in a position to turn a profit yet, given the expense of setting up operations and launching satellites. It also doesn't help that their systems are incompatible, suggesting that at some point, assuming the mariket is too small to support TWO subscription radio services, (see DirecTV and DISH Network, currently involved in merger manuevers) one of them will fail, leaving their customers without service....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Be careful...

While satellite radio is a great idea, it may be a great idea whose time has NOT come. Both XM and Sirius have acknowledged cash problems that could affect their ability to operate in the future (Wall Street Journal). What this means is - anyone adding either service to their cars would be smart NOT to sign a longterm monthly agreement. If either one goes "bye-bye" you'd be unlikely to get your advance money back.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Be careful...

Leader(in L.A.) said:
While satellite radio is a great idea, it may be a great idea whose time has NOT come. Both XM and Sirius have acknowledged cash problems that could affect their ability to operate in the future (Wall Street Journal). What this means is - anyone adding either service to their cars would be smart NOT to sign a longterm monthly agreement. If either one goes "bye-bye" you'd be unlikely to get your advance money back.
That is why I'm still on the sidelines. I'll wait and see...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts