Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as my topic states, i own a 2011 MDX with the tech and entertainment package (elite package ?)... one thing i've come to find is that i don't get all the channels that are currently offered by sirius/xm as per the bundle i have (select).

my channels only go up to the 200's and then loop back to hits one, where there are over 700 channels if you look at the lineup list, so would i need to do an update on the radio itself to bring it to the recent firmware ? as this seems more like a software issue rather than hardware since it can get the 200 channels i already get, so it shouldn't be a hardware matter to get the rest if i'm assuming correctly.

has anyone performed a firmware update on their radio ? if so did that solve some issues with that or other stuff ? also did it change the look of the screens or add anything new in the menus ?

thanks !

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
While I'm only listening to three channels (80s, 90s and Chill 53), I'm pretty sure individual plans do not include all of the channels offered by XM. For example, my plan is Select and only gives access to 140 channels.

Check your subscription online and verify how many channels you have access to first.

·
Registered
881 Posts
One XM station we listen to is Yacht Rock, channel 311. While my 17 MDX and my wife's 19 ES300h pickup this station, my 15 S550 does not. More importantly to me, the S550 does not have TuneStart. I have talked to XM as well as Mercedes about this and both say that the issue is with the technology in the radio and offered no solution. Please post if you find there is a firmware update that can resolve the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts