Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have subscribed XM radio. I have driver1 keyfob and my wife has driver2.
I am fine with the XM radio,however, when my wife drives the car with driver2 key fob, the XM radio becomes Preview mode.

is it a bug for the XM Radio? or with my 2016 MDX?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I don't have a third gen MDX, but I will take a shot......Maybe the driver2 audio memory setting is set to the XM preview channel. Has she tried manually (not the presets) changing to other XM channels from the preview channel?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don't have a third gen MDX, but I will take a shot......Maybe the driver2 audio memory setting is set to the XM preview channel. Has she tried manually (not the presets) changing to other XM channels from the preview channel?
Agree.

Have her set some presets with her key.

With us, it went to the source and station last in use.

Alternatively, you may want to reset the keys (it's in the manual) if nothing else works - the car could be confused and thinks your wife's key is a "guest" key.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you saying two keys could have two different sets of radio channels?

Agree.

Have her set some presets with her key.

With us, it went to the source and station last in use.

Alternatively, you may want to reset the keys (it's in the manual) if nothing else works - the car could be confused and thinks your wife's key is a "guest" key.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Are you saying two keys could have two different sets of radio channels?
Just noticed this a week ago when I had to use driver2 keys for the first time in 2.5years.....all my XM were on preview, thought my subscription ran out, lol.

Turns out that there were no presets set up and saved for driver2 profile......I could still navigate to any station manually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts