1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I like it for the sports myself.....

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Since I bought the car I HAD TO subscribe to XM...
Here in México the local radio stations always put something a little too; "Regional" to my tastes..
So having XM is a life saver. Thanks for the heads up anyway!

·
Registered
336 Posts
If there was a proper BT streaming option I would totally go phone over XM. And the RCA jacks in the rear console are destroyed thanks to kids and bad design so that isn't an option. I just received an email this week from our insurance company saying that we had 2 months of XM for free. Wonder if all of this goes hand in hand? I must say I do like the baseball games in the spring/summer, though … almost worth the cost of subscription.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never subscribe to their service and never like XM radio. SPOTIFY!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just listen to a few of their channels during this free activation period and I kept getting NO SIGNAL interruption while driving around tall buildings in the city. I wouldn't want to pay for the subscription even at 50% discount.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Satellite radio kinda sucks in my MDX. We constantly get static and audio drop out. I've called the Sirius/XM tech support and they have been no help at all. Some times it happens randomly and then there are other areas where I know it's guaranteed to dropout. After troubleshooting with tech support they always end up recommending I take it in to the dealership. I refuse to pay dealership prices so I just suffer. Sometimes it works well like when we take road trips, but in the city it's really bad. I'm wondering if it has to do with my proximity to the Atlanta airport. I live maybe 8 miles from the airport which just happens to be the busiest airport in the country.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not sure what Sirius / XM signals you guys are receiving or listening too. I have had XM is all my vehicles for over 15 years. There is no way I would go without XM. Even had the portable unit many years ago. The MDX had a very reliable XM receiver and so does the RDX. You can drive over the entire US and keep your station. Sometimes going through the mountains it might fade, but only when the mountain is in the southern sky. Now I do not use AM or FM....talk about junk and garbage.

So with DVD music and XM, I can travel anywhere and have a complete variety of listening pleasure. Just as long as it's not the FOX propaganda channel, then it's good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Never use it and would love to get rid of the option on the turner all together.

·
Registered
264 Posts
We keep XM in our MDX but I'm not impressed-even at the 50% off rate we pay. It works pretty well in wide open places but even the trees in the Pacific NW block it. It drops all the time up here-just from overhead trees. I don't use it in my other cars as they will Bluetooth stream Pandora from our phones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts