Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I took my car to my local dealership to get the ac system checked out. Fast forward to last week, I received a letter with a free two month subscription for XM radio. I’m getting ready for a long road trip and thought “why not?” Well the past couple days the car will not start, but fire back up after jumping it. Will start again later on the day.... My problems only started since getting XM activated. Bluetooth never worked but I will be disconnecting it for extra measures. I find it hard to believe this could be the reason?

· Registered
4,895 Posts
Hopefully you still don't have the original battery or replaced with the same Acura brand. I've had all three of my Acura fail to start because of dead/dying cell in the battery after 3-4 years with the original battery. Zero warning before hand other than your vehicle not starting out of the blue.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have disconnected the HFL. Jumped the car and fully charged the battery. Like I said, the HFL never worked when I bought the car and problems only started when activating xm radio. I will note that prior to jumping the car, whenever I turned the key to start it, the stereo made constant noises like it was trying to load a cd?...

· Registered
475 Posts
Check your A/C relay/ fuse and replace with another one of same from other circuit to test that it is the cause as it was in my case! They also have a new version or updated relay/fuse for the A/C which i purchased and this was the only other item that caused a nasty draw on the battery.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*Update

My battery was confirmed completely dead. I replaced it with a new battery and all is good as new. I disconnected my HFL and cancelled xm radio anyways since reception was “patchy.”

My brother has a Tl-s and he also said that his battery would die out on him frequently when his HFL was on its way to completely dying out. He too disconnected his HFL and replaced his battery and hasn’t had a problem since.

· Registered
475 Posts
Thank you for the update it is always good to find out the cause of the problem in a thread. I agree Xm was extremely patchy and not anything special, more of an annoyance actually so not something that will be overly missed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.