Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've read on some threads that the 4100K are brighter than the 6000K. Is this true? What's really the difference?

Maybe I'm just confused...

Also, does this include the hi, lo, and foglamps?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
vonrauss said:
I've read on some threads that the 4100K are brighter than the 6000K. Is this true? What's really the difference?

Maybe I'm just confused...

Also, does this include the hi, lo, and foglamps?
4100K are brighter than 6000K. The K refers to the color of the light. The higher the Kelvin rating, the more blue/purple the light. According to Philips, 4100K put out about 3200 lumens whereas the 6000K produce 2400 lumens.

The price is for one kit. To do hi, lows and fogs, you would need to purchase three kits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
phins2rt said:

4100K are brighter than 6000K. The K refers to the color of the light. The higher the Kelvin rating, the more blue/purple the light. According to Philips, 4100K put out about 3200 lumens whereas the 6000K produce 2400 lumens.

The price is for one kit. To do hi, lows and fogs, you would need to purchase three kits.

My biggest concern is factory warranty.... Does this void it? If it is plug and play...can the factory wiring handle the heavier draw?

Second concern...does this kit eliminate the high beam? Some kits for other vehicles eliminate the high.

Third....with the 05 projector style does it work effectively?

Do you have pictures of a finished product? I've seen bastardized kits in vehicles, ie GMC Denali.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
swooo said:

My biggest concern is factory warranty.... Does this void it? If it is plug and play...can the factory wiring handle the heavier draw?

Second concern...does this kit eliminate the high beam? Some kits for other vehicles eliminate the high.

Third....with the 05 projector style does it work effectively?

Do you have pictures of a finished product? I've seen bastardized kits in vehicles, ie GMC Denali.
swoo,
Does not void the warranty. The draw comes off of the battery and not the eletrical system.

High beam is still there. There are two separate bulbs for high and low.

Others here report very satisfactory results with the halogen projectors.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Still available? I have a 01 MDX. What kind of lighting output will i have. I was told to buy D2R bulbs which are for non projector style headlamps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a heads up- I bought a kit from xenonfactory a couple of years ago. About a year ago, one of my bulbs turned pink! I also had to replace the relays that came with the kit within a couple of months- I attribute this to the high current draw of the HIDs, but six moths is a VERY short lifespan for a $500 kit. I made several attempts to contact them via email (Their Polarion kits come with a 3-year warranty) with no reply.. They are NEVER on AIM either. Nor is any phone number listed..

Just a heads up: If you want to buy from a "reputable source", find one you can actually contact.

Two thumbs down for xenonfactory.

BTW- My car pic is on their website- Its the Impreza RS under the 5000k gallery. Kind of glad I sent them a couple of crappy cellphone pics.

Honestly, I've never owned another HID kit other than a Sylvania Xenarc auxilary lights kit, so I can't really judge the quality. It seemed to be be up to par though.

I've since replaced the bulbs (I did both to match color) with a $25 set off ebay... Which is close to the price of a nice set of halogens. Cool!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts