Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consumer Review's Car Preview just revealed that BMW will be coming out with an "extended-cab" X5, currently code-named X5-plus in 2004. It reportedly will accomodate 7 passengers.

It also reported that the X3, based on the 3-series sedan will also be coming out.

·
Registered
351 Posts
MDXtrous said:
Consumer Review's Car Preview just revealed that BMW will be coming out with an "extended-cab" X5, currently code-named X5-plus in 2004. It reportedly will accomodate 7 passengers.

Hmmmmmmmmm, now why do you suppose they're doing that??? :2: :p

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
What happen to the X7???

I don't want a BMW that is just longer I want one that is wider-- oh never mind I want an MDX...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The article said they didn't want to call it the X7 becase it's not going to be 7-series based and that's what the name conveys.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they've got the nicest looking cars, so there shouldn't be a problem there with the styling (I know, I know, some people don't like the new 7-series, but I for one really like the new design)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Those guys in Bavaria really know what their doing - only thing stopping me from getting the X5 was lack of 3rd row seats - if they add that and iron out some of their 'early production' issues (unlike their tri-star competitors who are in their 6th year, must be Chrysler synergies) they will give the 'X a serious run. BMW sets the standard for compact sports sedan (3 series) that everyone still tries to copy. Would love to see some early photos or concept drawings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts