Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 MDX Advance I bought recently had the most awesome smelling interior. A very 'luxurious' leathery smell which is NOT like a 'new car' smell but a lot better. I really would like to know what the previous owner used but have not been successful.

The vehicle was serviced at the Acura dealer at another facility so I'm wondering if they used the 'Acura Leather and Vinyl Cleaner' on it. Does anyone here know what that smells like?

Any other products that folks here have used with good results in terms of appearance and smell?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I doubt the dealer uses the Acura cleaner.

Try Mothers VLR. I love the smell.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know the feeling. The 2015 CPO I got smelled absolutely amazing. Come to think of it, when I got body work done(rearended) the detailed the car and the interior smelled exactly the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m a big fan of the Zaino Cleaner and Conditioner products. I think it is like a nicer new car smell. I also purchased The Chemical Guys New Car Smell spray for the first time recently. I just bought a 2016 CPO myself and used both the night I brought it home. People who get in my car can’t believe it still smells like new. It’s a great feeling!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sniffed both the Mother VLR and Griot's Interior Detailer at my local store today and liked the Griot's smell better. When I used it on my interior it was just amazing. Smells really close to the original scent I was going after and does an amazing job cleaning the interior without any slick oily residue on any surface. I am really beginning to like Griot's products over Meguiars or Mothers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts