Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long shot, but I have some time to try and track these down.
For anyone that has completed the ADS to standard conversion, I am looking for the plugs on the shock side of an old set of ADS shocks. I am working with a 2010 Acura MDX (USA version) if there is a difference between those from north of the border. I am hoping to put together pig tails that can plug in and mimic the ADS shocks to avoid having the dash light. I plan to perform the conversion the week of the 4th of July so any help would be appreciated. I am willing to pay for shipping and a small fee for your work to harvest them, but I also realize they are trash to most people. Thank you for looking and feel free to respond or message me with any questions.

-Andrew

·
Registered
793 Posts
From what I remember, the connectors on the "shock side" are built on to the shock.
Easier will be to buy 2 ea 2 ohm x 10 watt resistors, for the front pig tails (from chassis).
2 ea 5 ohm x 10 watt resistors for the rear shocks' pig tails (from chassis).
There are several mdx "ads to standard shock swap" threads on this forum.
Note...you won't be using the comfort setting on your console anymore, so leave the button set to the sport mode.
On my swap, the dash light would come on every 500 miles, if I put the button in the comfort position.
I drove 4000 miles, with no dash light coming on, when I left the button in the sport position.
Then Acura extended their ads warranty and I swapped back, to get the new ads shocks, from them.
Lucky for me I didn't recycle the blown ads shocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.