Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so unfortunately I wrecked my MDX um it's wrecked pretty hard so I need to know what can be changed on the front and as far as can the courts port be cut or what not because all of that is pushed into the coup in reservoir the front of the motor or as far as where the belt go I'll try to attach some pictures but I need help give me some advice guys

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm sorry this happened! I hope you are ok and no one else got seriously injured!

Unfortunately the photos do not give a very good picture of the level of damages.

From what I can see you deinitely need a new fender (probably the whole new hood, bumper and grille, too), new radiator (possibly some fittings/tubes too), a lot of steel bar straghtening (if that even can be done), right headlight and god knows what else that cannot be seen on the pictures.

If parts are bought new, with the labour cost the amount of repairs would probably run into $4K+ at least. If airbags deployed, add at least another grand on top of that. Also, you can't be sure the enginge/transmission/connections are not affected. You can probably source some used parts, but they are also not cheap, so not much in savings.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear right now, but considering the cost of Second Gen cars (judging by the engine plastic cover, this is a 2010+ restyle car) this would probably be deemed as total loss by the insurance company. I might be wrong, of course, but you should consider it.

Did insurance say anything? If they deem it as loss, I would do everything I could to buy it out for whatever small amount they are willing to sell it, as you can definitely use a lot of good expensive parts from it, keeping it as a spare parts car, if you have a spot you can keep it at under cover.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The Insurance company no doubt has written it off due to its age and the cost to repair exceeds its value! Only a body shop can advise if the front is repairable or if there is any structural damage that prevents it? Start pricing out the cost of a used front clip? Is the motor and trans unharmed? These 2 items alone would void the repair off the bat if they are harmed/damaged in some way? look at a repair manual to get an idea of what is damaged and would need to be replaced and price things out, but it will add up quick and likely you will come to the same conclusion as the Insurance company that it is not viable.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The hit extends far enough back that you would probably need to get the vehicle on a frame machine to be re-aligned properly. If it were mine, the only possible way I would consider doing anything with it is to buy another that has a blown motor or transmission, and swap your units into it. This assumes that your current motor and trans are in good shape.

Unless you have a well-equipped shop, don't consider it. I have done it, and it requires a lot of tools and equipment.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Now we have pics of naked motors on this site. What next?

But sadly, the damage to OP's beloved MDX is way more than cosmetic. I think it's a loss.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so its about 10,000 dollars to fix this and the insurance guy said it was close to total loss just depends on body shop now. The airbag never went off and i was going like 20 mph. The other truck just needs a bed. Dammmmm it.

Well thanks for all y'alls input and what nots I'll let you know what happens next.

Its a 2011 with 83603 miles and had nothing wrong with it. Untill now lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts