Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I have a feeling most folks don't cross shop a mid/large SUV with a compact car. If I was looking for a car...I still wouldn't buy an '09 TSX. Mediocre performance, ho-hum gas mileage for a car, and requires premium fuel too...

·
Registered
569 Posts
While the TSX is a nice car IMO, it's really middle of the road in every aspect, no torque, no great mpgs, no room, no curb appeal....it's reliable though.

I think that even a loaded accord would be a better option if fuel economy is the main reason for the trade.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
242 Posts
While the TSX is a nice car IMO, it's really middle of the road in every aspect, no torque, no great mpgs, no room, no curb appeal....it's reliable though.

I think that even a loaded accord would be a better option if fuel economy is the main reason for the trade.

+1 on the Accord option. I've had 2 Accords and when I had my MDX in for service, I'd usually get a TSX for a loaner. Nice car but dash/center console layout, seating position, & rear seat leg room were better in my Hondas.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks fellas, he kept calling me and bugging me to come in for this "even trade" which he would take care of the taxes and titling. The tsx is an 09' with 87k for $17,000. I guess he would then sell my tech/ent package with sideboards and roofracks for over $20k. The tsx looks sporty and was fun to drive when I had it as a loaner but then I found out on the carfax that this car was a loaner car. I was thinking in terms of a timing chain, better gas mileage. But would miss the mdx's refined looks and interior.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thanks fellas, he kept calling me and bugging me to come in for this "even trade" which he would take care of the taxes and titling. The tsx is an 09' with 87k for $17,000. I guess he would then sell my tech/ent package with sideboards and roofracks for over $20k. The tsx looks sporty and was fun to drive when I had it as a loaner but then I found out on the carfax that this car was a loaner car. I was thinking in terms of a timing chain, better gas mileage. But would miss the mdx's refined looks and interior.
I think that the TSX is refined enough....no mdx, but good enough.

·
Registered
114 Posts
IMHO the TSX feels cheap compared to an MDX.

If a Honda Accord nameplate were affixed to it and associated price it would a real nice car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I own 04 TSX 6 SPD and 07 MDX.

Comparing MDX and TSX makes no sense, either you need one or the other, or actually both as they go about everything differently.
If your life circumstances have changed, trading 09 MDX for 09 TSX with a few $ on top (from TSX guy) is not a bad thing at all.
MDX blows with fuel consumption, TSX is actually quite good for the size of it. My MDX burns 70% more gas in the city compared to my 04 TSX.
On the hwy it is much closer, but still 30% anyway.

Regards,

Nino

1 - 19 of 19 Posts