Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I stumbled upon this ad last week and decided to give it a look this weekend. Looks like I cant post a link so here is the info from the ad:
2007 MDX Sports/ Tech/ Entertainment package (same as Elite in Canada) with 115k KMs (not miles) on it for 17k Canadian Dollar. (VIN: 2HNYD28817H500908)

Here is my feedback after the drive:
Exterior visuals: 9/10
Interior visuals: 8/10
Driving, acceleration, braking, handling: 8/10
Engine noise/ under the hood all looks normal
Carproof is clean. It is a US import to Canada

I offered 14k CAD and after half an hour of haggling, dealer agreed to 14.5k CAD pending a pre purchase inspection which I plan to do this week. Would you pursue it?

Also, what would be your advice for the pre purchase inspection.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
So that's approximately 71,500 miles, right? Just throwing that into the thread for us Yanks. :)

Personally, I wouldn't pursue a vehicle of that age, for that price. If that's where your budget is then I have no issue with that -- I would simply focus on a more basic vehicle so that I could something newer, with fewer miles. Even stepping down to a Pilot would get you better value for money, imo.

But ultimately you need to do what you feel is right for your situation.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Because of the low miles it's worth $12,000 US

If the magnetic shocks are leaking or making (slight clunking) noise (at slow speed, going over speed bumps), the need to be replaced, for $3,500

If the timing belt was not done after 7 years or 105,000 miles (which ever one comes first) that's another $1,200 - $1,600 maintenance item.

You can not take anyone's word for high dollar repairs and maintenance work, so, if they don't have receipts; they never paid for the work to be done.
If it's a dealer and the guy trading it in didn't have receipts, the dealer paid thousands below fair market value.

You are looking at possibility $5,000 in the next few months and that brings your cost, for this Sport model to $17,000 US

Everyone will tell you that timing belt is very, very past due at 11 years old. If it breaks, there's another $8,000 in repairs.

If the seller can prove that the TB was done and he won't take another $1,000 US off the price, you need to walk away. PERIOD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts