Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think there are enough issues that would constitute a "watch list" for new owners/members? While mine was on order, I found this site and digested everything here, and therefore, I had advance knowledge about the seatbelt markings, gas overflow issues with fill-up, etc. I just hate to see new members suffer these problems if they haven't gone through a lot of the historical threads.

Maybe it would be too redundant.....just wondering what you thought!:)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
If we posted such list ...

.... it would take all the "fun" out of searching:eek: and browsing:32:

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was thinking a similar thing might be useful. Granted, poking around this site was one of the ways I satisfied my 'X craving before it arrived, but it takes a lot of poking to uncover all the things to watch for! For instance, I missed the pillar nicks (and now I wish I could miss 'em:( ).

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
The kbase is s'posed to address that, but there are a fair number of unusual/one-off problems in there, too (rightly so). I take it you're talking about the "normal" issues?

Great idea...problem has been that none of us have time to compile a list w/associated links and discussions. We tried the same for a master list of accessory installation tips/pics but they were too numerous.

Volunteers welcome to give it a try :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was driving home today thinking about this site and how it has tended to damage my opinion of Acura in general - this is my 5th Acura and previously I've had too many Hondas to count. I never would've thought that a watch list would be necessary or even possible! But, now my interest is piqued - what is the seat belt marking issue, and the pillar nicks? OMG what have I gotten into? (sarcasm is now spewing forth freely from my mouth)

On a more serious note, I agree that the kbase is supposed to be just such a list, and it does provide interesting reading and some very important tips about certain issues. I don't know if a watch list is possible since there are so many 'one-shot' problems that would make it onto the list (or not). It's a daunting task, and I'm not sure it's one which any one person is qualified to do. Thus, the collective knowledge approach appeals more to me.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts