Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I changed my Eclipse 7002 from the top DIN slot to the bottom. With the screen open in the top position, it blocked part of the trip computer and the buttons right under were almost impossible to reach. Dropping the unit to the bottom slot solved the problem. I made a new trim ring that fits almost perfect. My problem is the top left and right corners. Where the trip computer and the factory radio curve inward just a bit. My plate sticks out. Now, my question is, can plexi be heated up and bent to hold shape? I think if I could do that the plate would be just awesome. I am still working on getting a color match. Any help would be appreciated. I made a couple of extra rings so, messing up would not hurt. Thanks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I recently built mine from MDF, for the basic shape , then used Bondo plastic filler to build up the face and give it the round curvature as was in the original radio...fit is pretty much perfect in all respects. Build it up a bit more than needed, then use sandpaper to actually shape it as needed.
Color matching was tricky, as the "black" in the MDx is more of a dark charcoal, and tough to match to. I used alternating colors of grey and black until I got it a point where I was satisfied with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts