Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.

What sort of occupations do fellow MDXers toll away at in order to pay for their new love and the accessories we can add.

Health Care administration here.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Retired electrical engineer; have my own very small business doing live classical music recording and duplicating, and also work part-time at the local classical FM (theclassicalstation.org, streaming online in 4 audio formats!) I do a bit of volunteer announcing there, usually 6pm-midnight ET, two Saturdays/month. Enough?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Computer Geek for Large Japanese manufacturing company.

·
Registered
194 Posts
HRSA - ILA / AFL - CIO

Hampton Roads Shipping Association - International Longshormen's Association / American Federation of Labor - Congress of Industrial Organizations

Longshoreman / Lasher and Local Union Officer

·
Registered
426 Posts
MK23666,
This has nothing to do with anything were talking about but I did have a question? What areas is the tidewater area in Virginia. My 8 X Great Grandfather Womack came to Virginia in the 1630's I have records that talk about the Tidewater areas near Bermuda Hundred. My genealogy homepage is www.womacknet.net

·
Registered
12 Posts
Automation Engineer for Americas leading semiconductor company.
Unfortunately it is not 8-5. More like 7pm-8am bummer for me. The plus side is that it is only 3 days a week:D
That leaves me with 4 days to play with the MDX:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
VP - Technology (Software Architect)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm in computer software development and integration on Microsoft field and my wife works on SAP... :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I earn my living doing software QA, with a focus on PalmOS devices. I also write articles for Vineyard & Winery Management Magazine. I spend my living on our 11-acre vineyard. Maybe I'll earn some cash there too when we have our first harvest in fall 2002. (Expect a BIG MDX party then!!!)

My wife managed multi-site international QA groups, or did until she quit to run a B2C website selling high-end cookware and gourmet food. But that flamed out with the dot.com bust, so now she works part-time in a winery tasting room. The pay is lousy, but the perks are very tasty!

--Marne

·
Registered
679 Posts
LitiGator by day, co-chair of the Greater Orlando CR-V/MDX Club by night and weekends :p I also started my own dot.com biz ( http://www.GoongalaGoonga.com ) so I could impress my techie friends at cocktail parties :cool: Sales have been less than spectacular, but I've actually made enough money to recoup the initiial start up cost for the domain name :D

·
681 Posts
Imaging

I run the Research Imaging Lab at a large medical school (started 30 yrs ago as a photographer - gone digital). I take pictures of creepy-crawly things under a microscope.
I will be "retiring" at the end of the year under this nifty state plan that will let me work up to five more years while getting a paycheck AND retirement (in escrow). I wanted to take advantage of this BEFORE the legislature comes to it's senses.

Meep Meep

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
9 to 5???????????

I design/architect Storage Area Networks for Data Centers. On spare time I design racing motorcycles and consult as a design engineer for certain motorcycle racing teams and maker.

Other than that...I rather be a Beach Bum..Doin' Nothin'!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I help companies grow (corporate strategy, business planning and customer sat/loyalty/retention consulting). Used to run the western US and the entire US for big consulting firms (e.g. Big 5). Independent now. Will pay for referrals :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I do nothing to pay for my MDX -- I send the husband off to work so I can drive the nice car!!! He's the vice president of a benefit planning company -- mostly health insurance, disability, dental, but now they're branching out and doing some hr consulting and commercial insurance.

I used to work at State Farm Insurance doing HR communications and Relocation Services.

Now, I take care of the kids and spend more time driving my new toy!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm a Police Officer/Bike Cop, and my wife is an insurance claims adjuster. Since the large hailstorm that hit Ohio last April, her job has been "Hail", too.

Hey Roadrunner, our police and fire pension fund is trying to get the DROP program similar to yours. It requires a 3 year commitment. How long has that been available to you, and how many people are taking advantage of it?

Toby267
'02 182 Redrock Pearl on order for Feb delivery

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hi,

As this is the "occupation thread" I thought I'd come back out of lurker mode (which I've been for about 4 months now...)

As some of you may remember I got laid off in Aug.

While I've enjoyed my time at home -- I've been able to REALLY be involved in the my wife's pregnancy & the birth of our first daughter{pictures at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnczerwiec }, I need to get back to work if we're ever going to afford a MDX (probably looking at the '03 now... or maybe a Pilot?)

I was last with a major global I/T Consulting firm, where I was heavily involved with e-business infrastrucure especially, Application Servers and e-commerce implentation. Spent three and half years there. Also have an additional three years of I/T experience, including operations, database work & software development. Additionally, I spent five years teaching high school.

My wife was also laid off from a mid-sized telcom firm in August; fortunately she has landed a position that is due to start in Feb. '02 -- BUT that means relocation is out -- I have to stay in the greater Chicago metro area.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

1 - 20 of 298 Posts