Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOOOOHOOOOOO !!!!!

I got my VIN# Today. The car is now on the rails -- not sure if it was built Monday on Tuesday because my salesman was out yesterday.

Anyway, he said that they are averaging 7 days to the dealer, putting it there on Christmas day. Hopefully, I can pick it up on the 26th or 27th!!!

Vin # is:
2HNYD188XXXXX7178,

So, I guess that I am getting the 7018th one of them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
finally

it's about time.:) you know it is worth the wait. between order date and vin#, the wait is excruciating, but now it's 10x worse knowing and waiting. you will look at your calendar all the time and your watch calendar twice a day, at least.

BTW, you are the 7178th lucky person. and redrock is the coolest color.:cool: i finally got the chance to zaino the x this past weekend. it looks great coming from the dealer, but you gotta zaino it to appreciate the color. we had a rain for about 3 days here, and today the x looks as if it was just washed.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I feel your excitement, davegood....I got my VIN yesterday (FINALLY). My salesman was out too, but I was able to get the VIN from the financing person. They say it should be here within 5 days....maybe xmas eve??? I am so incredibly psyched right now, I can hardly stand it! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't Wait

Congratulations

I'm still waiting for the call with the build date and VIN.

I think I'll pass out when they actually call.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats !!, My salesman told me that they have a new MDX coming in and if the person that it is slated for does not want it than I can have my Christmas present. Crossing my fingers and everything that I can think of. :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Davegood
Looks like we are going to be twins. I also got my VIN today. The rep said he got it yesterday but didn't get a chance to call me.

VIN#2HNYD18882H507177. Mine is right ahead of yours. The number is of course is off by one digit, but one of your digits has a X, mine has an 8. Maybe I didn't get it right since I was on the cell.

The salesperson said it was built on Tuesday. It will be delivered within 15 days because of XMAS and New Years. I am leaving Saturday for a 7 day cruise, so the time will go very fast.

I have a question on the 2002 mdx navi system.

My father in law just took delivery on an 2002 TL with Navi. His navi does not seem to have the same unit as my "old" 2001 MDX.
It seems it doesn't have the trip computer built into it. Has Acura changed the navi unit for 2002 or is the TL unit different?

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my VIN # last week--2HNYD1862H505968. Was told the vehicle would be here by 12/18 or 12/19. Didn't show up as of the 19th and doesn't look like it will be there today(12/20). It's a logistical problem because we bought the car in another section of the country and my wife flew out on the 19th to pick it up. Have family in the area but can't stay there waiting forever. Dealer now says he doesn't know where it is (although a couple of days ago they did know where it was). Starting to look like we may have to pass it up after a three month wait. Suprises me a bit since the build date was December 5. Bummer.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sucks

Ted -- That sucks. Roger can probably lend a little guidance here, but I think that:

1. The daily report the dealer has includes an estimated arrival date, and
2. The dealer can track the VIN on the RailRoad's website.

I would really push the dealer for more information...

Best of luck to you -- based upon your vin #5968 (last 4 digits), I would think that you should receive it eitehr today or tomorrow, but that's just my opinion...keep us updated.

·
Registered
351 Posts
dmyles said:
I feel your excitement, davegood....I got my VIN yesterday (FINALLY). My salesman was out too, but I was able to get the VIN from the financing person. They say it should be here within 5 days....maybe xmas eve??? I am so incredibly psyched right now, I can hardly stand it! :D
I just got THE CALL...my X just came off the truck! It'll be ready for pickup tomorrow morning after they put the accessories on. This will be the longest 24 hrs of my life! Incidentally, it will be 3 months to the day from putting down the deposit. My cats and dog must think I'm nuts after seeing me uncontrollably jumping for joy around the house :D :) :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
dmyles,

l think ours had to be next to each other on the line. I had the same build dates and same color/188 as yours. I plan on getting mine on the 2th. Who knows, it may be at the dealer now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This site has been extremely helpful, can't tell you how much I appreciate all the information that's been posted on every subject. I called the dealer last week to see when the X should arrive, was told 7 - 10 days. It's been 8 days, so I thought I'd call again today, however, this time armed with helpful information from all of you. He said the car was built, should arrive later this week or early next week. That was it, so he thought, I asked for the VIN, there was silence and he then asked why I wanted it? I used several bits of information from this site, he said he'd see if he could get it and call me back......
He called, I have my VIN!!!!!
I'll post when I take delivery, hopefully next week and try for some pictures, too.
Thanks again to everyone.

2002 Touring, Black/Saddle, SideSteps, Mud guards, Tailgate deflector, wheel locks, cargo liner, moonroof visor, wood dash, wood trim, bsm

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks! I guess I got caught up in the excitement....made the edit, appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Yahooooooooooo

I got the call too, gave me the VIN# and will be driving by Friday at the latest, adding the accessories today.

Finally.

[email protected]#kin finally here.............yahoooooooo

what a long wait, 4 months & 3 weeks:mad:

by the way, Silver (186) side steps, tailgate def., flares, lower trim.

opted out on Maniks for now :( :(

:7: :7: :7: Don't throw me a freakin bone.....Yah baby

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Its been a week now, and loving every minute.

So far,
no problems, leaks, noises, loose pedals, yada yada yada

My dealership was great, also got the survey reminder.

Hey Admin
thank God the server problems were at your end. I thought our IT person locked me out for reading these posts all day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts