Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb questions of the day.....on a really hot day, does the wood in the 'wood' wheel feel any cooler than it would on a leather covered wheel? Also, has anyone noticed any fading because of the exposure to the sun?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have a wood wheel on both my RX & MDX & the wheel doesn't get hot in the summer. Here in Dallas it is nearly as hot as AZ in the summer - interior temps get up to 140 inside a closed car (based on TV reports anyway). There has been no fading on the RX - it has been thru the summer - the MDX has not (got it in OCt '01).

I believe the wood wheel feels cooler than the leather - based on actual experience last summer between the wood wheel on the RX and my leather wheel on the 99 Honda I had at that time. I like the feel of the wood - nice and smooth & cooler in the summer. Hopefully the MDX will be the same as the RX.:D

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
As usual, I'm w/texrb. CA heat not nearly what you've got in AZ or TX, but I find the wood portion to be a bit cooler than the leather. Significantly cooler once the AC's on. No fading since 1/01.

I like the different "tactile feedback" and being able to choose between the leather (9 and 3) or wood (10 and 2) depending...
Looks great, too :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
According to Tim, the "wood" wheel is not actually made out of wood. Thought he said fiberglass or something - don't recall exactly. Perhaps someone can confirm this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts