Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone removed their "wood" trim on their 2014-16 mdx? I just did a quick trim and paste on the dash trim and would like to remove the other pieces to give it a cleaner installation. What's the difficulty in doing so and if anyone have instructions would be helpful.

Below are pictures with cf vinyl

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice look! Hopefully u can let me know how it goes, as I'd like to order the new, real wood trim incorporated into the 17s, but the service advisor said they cannot install, which is nonsense.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Was wondering if anyone removed their "wood" trim on their 2014-16 mdx? I just did a quick trim and paste on the dash trim and would like to remove the other pieces to give it a cleaner installation. What's the difficulty in doing so and if anyone have instructions would be helpful.

Below are pictures with cf vinyl
Hey steelm3, did you ever figure this out? I was looking at the install instruction for the back up sensors and it looks like you just pull toward you and there are three clips on each left and right trims of the steering wheel, a few more on the passenger trim.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I popped off the wood trim on the right side of the wheel, for mounting a trailer brake controller (photos in another thread). It does just pop off by slipping a plastic trim tool under it and prying. The three prongs on the back of the trim piece are pretty robust so it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Nice look! Hopefully u can let me know how it goes, as I'd like to order the new, real wood trim incorporated into the 17s, but the service advisor said they cannot install, which is nonsense.
Perhaps they meant that Honda won't let them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts