Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Acura MDX Wood-Grain Meter Trim Kit from Tim. He gave a decent discount on the item because it was a return/open box.

The problem is that whoever had the item tried to install it, hence the adhesiveness of the mounting tape on the back of the wood trim has lost it's "stickiness". Does anyone know what other alternative I can use to install? I can not find the exact thickness of double sided mounting tape to replace. I was thinking either thin outdoor double sided tape (thickness of duct tape), or maybe (call me possibly crazy/daring) krazy glue?!

Or does anyone know where I can find the same mounting tape that originally came with the Wood Trim.....thanks for all you help!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
So far all the dbl side tape i assume has been used by Acura looks like exterior grade dbl sided foam tape. It has the same red backing. It is made by 3M. Look for at a Hardware store.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You could go to your local Body Shop and they would probably give you a piece of double sided tape. That way you wouldn't have a whole roll left over whith no use for it.:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts