Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Wood Dash Kit Pics, Anyone?

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  RedMdxMemphis 
#1 ·
We just picked up our SS Touring.Navi today, and we're considering adding an aftermarket wood kit like the one found on www.wooddash.com - our X has the wood knob, wheel, and meter trim already.

I would appreciate it if someone with an aftermarket wood kit would post pics of their interior so we can see how it looks. How well does the grain pattern and color match the factory wood?

Thanks in advance...

#3 ·
I notice that some of the wood kits don't cover the stereo face and navigation face. What is up with that? Is my factory kit differnt from others?

#4 ·
STRONGLY disagree !

The wood dash kit is amazing and IMHO a must !!
Do a search by wood dash kit. There are several MDX owners that have the kit and have taken pictures. I have not taken pictures because I do not own a digi camera.......yet.

I have the wood dash kit myself. See my signature below.
Very luxurious. I get the most compliments on my wood kit then any other accessory.

Easy to install too.

:)

#5 ·
#7 ·
The wood dash kit is the next item on my wish list from Tim. I think that it wood add a nice touch to the interior of my X. I opted not to go for the wood steering wheel nor the shift knob.

#8 ·
wood dash

I had an aftermarket wood dash trim kit added to my 99 Maxima. At the two year mark it began pulling off the dash board and discoloring. The dealer was great and replaced most of it but they truly are the exceptional dealer from what I've seen. I wouldn't add aftermarket wood again. If you plan on keeping the car past 2-3 years it will look bad.

#9 ·
Wood Dash

Saw one in showroom that dealer had pumped up with every add-on available. I would not use the shifter indicator piece. It really looks silly. Letters for P,R,D5,D4 etc. cannot line up and the scale of the wood is just to big in such a small area.

#10 ·
#11 ·
KSM said:
Personally it is far too much wood for me. A wood wheel and knob is enough, beyond that and especially doing the dash wood would be too gaudy.
I agree with you 100% As the Chinese saying goes, "having too much is worse than not having enough. " IMHO.

Certainly others may disagree. An artistic expression is a combination of grace and balace together in style. For me adding a lot of the same wood stuff seems to lower the classy tone.

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.