Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very nice! If you end up seeing the dealership for the infotainment issue please let me know. I’m on the outs with my dealership over a dealer add on “ResistAll” that I didn’t want (long story I’d rather not share).
Do you use an Apple phone? If so, does the info from the apple or google maps show up on our headup display? We have a 2020 and apple does not show up on headup while android does. Just curious if they fixed it yet, and, indeed, is it an Acura or Apple issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you use an Apple phone? If so, does the info from the apple or google maps show up on our headup display? We have a 2020 and apple does not show up on headup while android does. Just curious if they fixed it yet, and, indeed, is it an Acura or Apple issue.
I test drive an advance and it tried this. It did with Apple Maps. Not sure about Google.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec Lunar Silver/Ebony
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Do you still have the option to connect Carplay wired? Same error with wired Carplay?
Same issues with non responsive or sometimes perfectly fine and responsive. I even removed and re-added the phone entirely. Depends on the car's mood. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same issues with non responsive or sometimes perfectly fine and responsive. I even removed and re-added the phone entirely. Depends on the car's mood. :)
I wonder if the responsiveness issue is more of a phone issue? I own a Honda, Toyota, and Audi. Only one of them has car play but all of them occasionally have a song to song lag when hooked up to my iPhoneX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I had the same issue with Apple CarPlay, it wasn’t responsive. It would crash, the informant gave me that alert, and all the menus were just laggy, however I didn’t realize how bad it was until I got a new MDX.

I brought it to the dealer they told me it needed a software update and it must be my phone. I pushed back and asked for another car, they got into into another car and it’s been flawless. Night and day difference. The dealership emailed me not long ago and told me if I was curious what was wrong, they had to replace the informant Unit on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So my MDX went in for a brake fault ((2) Brake Fault at 650mi... | Acura MDX SUV Forums (mdxers.org)) and while in there I had them look at the infotainment errors. They gave me a 22 MDX loaner and this car has been perfect, no infotainment errors or lag at all, even on wireless carplay-I mean perfect. They called and said that it's probably my phone, so I sent them a whole photo album of the errors on the screen (that are not related to carplay, but other services like Sirius, honda apps, check tuner, shadow service not responding, etc.) It's been 5 days and the dealer is still trying to figure out what to do. Another poster said that they had to replace the entire system to resolve. I'm thinking that they can't get their hands on the part at the moment, Hopefully I get an update tomorrow on next steps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So my MDX went in for a brake fault ((2) Brake Fault at 650mi... | Acura MDX SUV Forums (mdxers.org)) and while in there I had them look at the infotainment errors. They gave me a 22 MDX loaner and this car has been perfect, no infotainment errors or lag at all, even on wireless carplay-I mean perfect. They called and said that it's probably my phone, so I sent them a whole photo album of the errors on the screen (that are not related to carplay, but other services like Sirius, honda apps, check tuner, shadow service not responding, etc.) It's been 5 days and the dealer is still trying to figure out what to do. Another poster said that they had to replace the entire system to resolve. I'm thinking that they can't get their hands on the part at the moment, Hopefully I get an update tomorrow on next steps.
hopefully that is the ticket and this is an early growing pain that is fixed and you get ten great years out of the car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
We use Apple CarPlay in our 2018 Tech and rarely ever use the Acura navigation. Obviously we're hard-wired. I hate having the cords and have been excited about the wireless CarPlay and charging. After reading this thread, I'm less excited :cry::poop:

Out of curiosity, not that this is a long-term fix, can you still use an Apple cord to engage CarPlay?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I received the vehicle this morning. Dealer "reset" everything. They also provided a copy of the service bulletin stating that "Acura is working on a software update for late spring". I drove the car home, to work, and then to pick up my daughter and so far🤞no errors. Usually, by this point it was going nuts. I hope this keeps things running until they release the software update. At least it is usable at the moment vs. before it was nearly operable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
We use Apple CarPlay in our 2018 Tech and rarely ever use the Acura navigation. Obviously we're hard-wired. I hate having the cords and have been excited about the wireless CarPlay and charging. After reading this thread, I'm less excited :cry::poop:

Out of curiosity, not that this is a long-term fix, can you still use an Apple cord to engage CarPlay?
Yes, you can still use a standard lightening cable as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Went back to the dealer again last week so they could replace the satellite radio tuner. didn't fix anything at all. Still a complete mess.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts