Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec Lunar Silver/Ebony
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a my 2022 last weekend. Love everything about it except the seemingly random lag making it nearly unusable while in the CarPlay interface with the touchpad. I have to make an input and wait up to 7 seconds to see where the selection lands before selecting the next item. Horrible on lists especially. Hopefully there is an update to resolve this.

·
Registered
22 Acura MDX Advanced SH-AWD
33 Posts
I have found that to be an issue as well. The infotainment system has also froze a few times while in navigation. But I agree I’m assuming a update will fix it. Post some pics of the A-Spec. I have yet to see one in person.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
You might want to included iOS version that your device is running on to do comparison with other people. On my 2019 MDX, Wired CarPlay was severely impacted when Apple released iOS 13 and problem didn't fixed until 13.4 (or 13.5) release.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might want to included iOS version that your device is running on to do comparison with other people. On my 2019 MDX, Wired CarPlay was severely impacted when Apple released iOS 13 and problem didn't fixed until 13.4 (or 13.5) release.
I’m running 14.4.1 iPhone 11 Pro Max

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have found that to be an issue as well. The infotainment system has also froze a few times while in navigation. But I agree I’m assuming a update will fix it. Post some pics of the A-Spec. I have yet to see one in person.

This was fun and then a series of other things crashed. Then it reset and was ok the rest of the day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought a my 2022 last weekend. Love everything about it except the seemingly random lag making it nearly unusable while in the CarPlay interface with the touchpad. I have to make an input and wait up to 7 seconds to see where the selection lands before selecting the next item. Horrible on lists especially. Hopefully there is an update to resolve this.
update 3/20. CarPlay connected but not being used. I was only using satellite radio (or trying to)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Like mentioned earlier for the 3rd Gen +18 MDX, my wired Carplay was down for months with I.O.S. 13 update and wasn't fixed until I.O.S. 13.4.X. I was still able to use my iPhone connecting with bluetooth without issue for audio (music, podcast, Waze warnings, etc...).

- Do you get the same error if you connect your phone with the USB dataport? I assuming you can still connect by wire for Carplay in the +22.

- Any issues just using bluetooth streaming if you are mostly needing audio from your smartphone?

I did a web search on the iphone forums and a lot carplay owners were having the same issue with the I.O.S. 13.X.X update (not just an Acura thing). You might have to see if this issue is an Acura issue, Carplay issue, or iPhone issue. It could take longer to fix if it is an Acura issue.

Does the +19 RDX use the same info-tainment system? The RDX doesn't have wireless Carplay; but, it wouldn't hurt to see if they are having the same issue with the wired connection.

·
Registered
13 Posts
update 3/20. CarPlay connected but not being used. I was only using satellite radio (or trying to)
View attachment 116668
I’m sorry you are having these problems. Do they only happen when using wireless CarPlay? Or do they happen regardless. I love the test drive I had in the MDx and have had a great experience owning Honda products for the last twenty years but really sorry about these infotainment concerns. Are you still glad you bought one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m sorry you are having these problems. Do they only happen when using wireless CarPlay? Or do they happen regardless. I love the test drive I had in the MDx and have had a great experience owning Honda products for the last twenty years but really sorry about these infotainment concerns. Are you still glad you bought one?
I am going to stick it out and hope there are software updates to resolve the bugs. I like the car a lot other than these annoyances. I feel like I’m in the “early adopter” phase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am going to stick it out and hope there are software updates to resolve the bugs. I like the car a lot other than these annoyances. I feel like I’m in the “early adopter” phase.
Thanks. I really appreciate your feedback. I hope you keep enjoying it. I’m down to the MDX or the CX9. Like the MDX a bit better but can’t ignore the price difference and perceived reliability differences. I plan on test driving both again before deciding.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Do you still have the option to connect Carplay wired? Same error with wired Carplay?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good question. I haven’t tried it but will later on today. I guess I’ve been in the “I paid for it, it should work” outlook.
from what I’ve been able to find out online it seems like wireless CarPlay is a frequent complaint for any type of car that has it. Perhaps this is on Apple. Wired is almost perfect but has occasional lags and connection issues on my 2018 Audi. Not enough to be annoying but still there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts