Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can confirm that the dongle from carlinkitcarplay.com does now work in 2019 MDX. I’ve got mine connected and it’s very quick and responsive. Very useful to have wireless Car Play. You will need a female USB-A to male USB-C adapter in order to connect it to the front USB port in the car as the dongle has a USB-A cable. I bought the adapter from the official for USD99 and it keeps all the cable snug in the front tray.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can confirm that the dongle from carlinkitcarplay.com does now work in 2019 MDX. I’ve got mine connected and it’s very quick and responsive. Very useful to have wireless Car Play. You will need a female USB-A to male USB-C adapter in order to connect it to the front USB port in the car as the dongle has a USB-A cable. I bought the adapter from the official for USD99 and it keeps all the cable snug in the front tray.
If you have the carlinkit 3.0 you don't need any adapter. The usbc end goes INTO the dongle, the usb-a into your car.

·
Registered
2018 MDX Advance SH-AWD Black Copper Pearl/Espresso
75 Posts
Does it default to Bluetooth music when it connects, like others say? That would be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I guess I’m confused. How is it wireless if it has to be connected by a cord?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I guess I’m confused. How is it wireless if it has to be connected by a cord?
This device itself is not wireless but instead makes CarPlay wireless, meaning you don't need to plug your phone into the USB port with a cable to make CarPlay work.
Essentially this device replaces the iPhone cable with Bluetooth & WiFi so your phone can stay in your pocket/purse/backpack but it still displays up on the Nav screen as if you had taken the time to plug it in.
The device itself still needs to work with the Acura headunit so it must be plugged into the USB port.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
This device itself is not wireless but instead makes CarPlay wireless, meaning you don't need to plug your phone into the USB port with a cable to make CarPlay work.
Essentially this device replaces the iPhone cable with Bluetooth & WiFi so your phone can stay in your pocket/purse/backpack but it still displays up on the Nav screen as if you had taken the time to plug it in.
The device itself still needs to work with the Acura headunit so it must be plugged into the USB port.
Thanks. What about battery life? It would seem battery life would take a hit if the phone was always on.

·
Registered
2018 MDX Advance SH-AWD Black Copper Pearl/Espresso
75 Posts
Thanks. What about battery life? It would seem battery life would take a hit if the phone was always on.
Do you mean battery life of the phone? The wireless unit/dongle draws power from usb. I suppose the phone would use up a little more power, but it’s probably not much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts