Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some info from oldtimers here. Guys, have you replaced the windshield wipers yet, any suggestions? Did you order replacement blades from Tim or anything aftermarket that's better? Although, if someone knows of the top of the head the sizes, I'd appreciate as well.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I replaced the rubber inserts only. Any car parts place that sells Trico should have the ones to fit. They're narrower than old-fashioned inserts; one is 24" long and the other is 21". If the parts place has charts or a little touchscreen gizmo, you ought to be able to zoom right in on what you need. I'm sure they'd have blades, too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey

I got the Piaa Wiper Blades. Love them to death plus they match my lights :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sarge, keep me posted! Mine need replacement for a while now, I am just too lazy to attend to it.
Thx

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I got the PIAAs installed. They work really well - very quit and leave no streaks on the glass. The window looks like it has been treated with rainx and does repell the water (after a full day of driving in the rain). One small issue - once I installed the blades, they felt a little 'loose', when raised (no 'extra play' when on the windshield). I compared the PIAA adaptor with original, and the later has a small casing in it and the blade - a tiny bump, so when the blade is put in place there is no latteral movement.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Sarge and vip9,
I got my wiper refills replaced at the dealer during my 15,000 mile service. The 3 are all different sizes with the following part numbers: 1 76622-S30-003 (525mm), 1 76622-S84-A01 (600mm) fronts and 1 76632-S30-003 (475mm) rear. The cost for the 3 was $28.84.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks remery for the parts numbers (and hello, remery, long time no posts ;) the trees in Brooklyn had time to grow! :2: ), but I was not looking for a OEM refills because I did not like their performance from the start. Although PIAAs are more expensive (paid $59 with s+h), so far they are far better - I wouldn't say much, if the improvement wasn't this drastic IMO. PIAA also claim longer life over the others, time will tell...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did not replace the rear wiper as of yet, it hasn't seen much use (god does not want to piss on us, new yorkers, now i guess ;) - sorry god!), so will probably let it last at least through the winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts