Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I buy OEM inserts from Acura - they're cheap and work fine and are guaranteed to slip into the stock arms. I usually buy them online from oemacuraparts.com along with some other maint items and buy multiple sets so I have them on hand even though I only change the inserts every couple of years or so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I buy OEM inserts from Acura - they're cheap and work fine and are guaranteed to slip into the stock arms. I usually buy them online from oemacuraparts.com along with some other maint items and buy multiple sets so I have them on hand even though I only change the inserts every couple of years or so.
I figured anything from dealerships would be just too much but I'll check out the OEM thing fer sure, tks.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I figured anything from dealerships would be just too much but I'll check out the OEM thing fer sure, tks.
They're roughly $5 per rubber insert - cheap. Look for just the rubber inserts - not the whole wiper blades. My original wiper blades are still doing fine after 9 years and 93K miles - I just replace the rubber inserts (wiper refills).

There are other Acura dealers who sell online at a discount as well. The above one is located in Peoria Az (i.e. Phoenix).

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I've always liked the Bosch ICON blades on my vehicles. I live in the southwest and we only get 7-9 inches of precipitation all year and UV damage is more of an issue for wipers. No issues with extreme heat of +100 degrees F summers and down to near 0 degrees F in winter. They are plug-n-play if you want the ease of just popping them on in seconds. No problems with them noise, skipping, chatter, and less back splash because of aero design at any hwy speeds.

Amazon prices:
$27: Bosch ICON 26A (driver)
$24.50: Bosch ICON 20A (passenger)
$9.40: Bosch H354 rear wiper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts