Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 MDX

I want to remove the driver's side wiper arm so that I can rotate it a slight bit. The wiper does not sweep far enough toward the pillar. I can live with it being a slight bit higher when parked.

I'm assuming that I just need to remove the plastic cap at the end of the arm, and that there will be a nut to remove. Then I can use a puller to get the arm off the shaft, rotate it a bit, and press it back down.

Before attempting this small job, I would like any advice from others who have done this.

Thank you

·
Registered
163 Posts
2013 MDX

I want to remove the driver's side wiper arm so that I can rotate it a slight bit. The wiper does not sweep far enough toward the pillar. I can live with it being a slight bit higher when parked.

I'm assuming that I just need to remove the plastic cap at the end of the arm, and that there will be a nut to remove. Then I can use a puller to get the arm off the shaft, rotate it a bit, and press it back down.

Before attempting this small job, I would like any advice from others who have done this.

Thank you
Correct. I would use masking tape/painter's tap or a crayon or whatever to mark the position of the wiper before you take it off. Then when you adjust it you can just notch it up xx inches above where you marked the original location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts