Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an almost new set of 265/55/19 Pirelli Ice and snow. I was wondering if those can be installed on an OEM 19" wheels without issues? What's the biggest size anyone ever installed on an OEM 19"?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
You would increase diameter by 22 mm and width by 20 mm. You may want to just measure if you have those clearances with the added dimensions from your current setup. I suspect you won't have an issue with the diameter increase, but I have not checked the clearance of the sidewall to the strut.

Ok checked around for a bit. The recommendation is 245 for 8" widths, but I have personally seen 265 on 8" rims before. Recommendation is still 9" wheels. They bulge of course, given the wider patch and small rim.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've measure it and it looks like I have about 1.5" to 2" between the tire and the strut. Ideally it would be nice to know if someone has the same setup. If not I'll just have to do more research and probably take the risk and get a set of rims and try out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I moved to NE Oregon last August and I'm told that they get Ice as well as Snow...I'm good with Snow, but Ice is another story...not allot of experience on Ice.
Question is do I need Studded Winter Tires because there can be Icy conditions?
I have a 05' Touring MDX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts