1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
This winters gonna be my first winters with 2015 mdx
which winter tires (19") would be best in terms of gas milage and minimum road noise.
Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

·
Registered
2018 MDX SH-AWD Tech package
602 Posts
Winter tires by their very nature are usually noisy. Are we talking Alaska winter or Alabama winter? That can make a big difference. Generally speaking I have found a good brand all season (AS) tire sufficient for 90% of my driving. Carrying a set of chains takes care of the rest.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nokian Hakkapellitta R3 SUV - it looks like you're in Canada so you should be able to find them. (I live in NH, so close to Canada, and they're real popular here). They're very quiet and grip as well, if not better, than many of the competitors (Bridgestone, Michelin, etc)

Reactions: anii

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have used Michelin Latitude xi2 for years which ranks high in Consumers Reports. My second pick would be Bridgestone Blizzak if I wanted to spend $59 to $60 (CAD) less per tire. In winter I use them mostly in the Toronto area. Most good snow/ice tires are quite poor in wet braking but when you know that you can make allowances.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am going to try out Kumho Crugen HT51 all weather tires this winter. It's not true dedicated winters, but it has 3PMSF certification. Hopefully, it works as promised and Tire Rack has it rated pretty high for all weathers.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I've always run Blizzaks or X-ice but last year decided to try the Continental VikingContact. This is my new favorite winter tire. Quieter than the factory Continentals and much quieter than the Blizzaks and even the X-ice. They drove expectionally well even on dry and warmer days. The only time they really make an unflattering sound is over harsh bumps...you get a bit of a "thwang" in that circumstance, but actual rolling road noise was very low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts