Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the 2014 tech MDX yesterday, sat in the seat, don't believe I touched anything although the passenger may have and suddenly all the windows lowered really quickly and the sunroof opened. The rear hatch did not open. Went to start the car and it indicated it was in accessory mode even though it was off when we got in and no one touched it before I hit the button to start it. Anyone have an idea how to recreate that or what I did? steve

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not sure how it got to accessory mode if you never hit the start button. But did you accidentally sit on or hold down the unlock button on the key? That will cause all windows/sunroof to open until the button is released.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm not sure how it got to accessory mode if you never hit the start button. But did you accidentally sit on or hold down the unlock button on the key? That will cause all windows/sunroof to open until the button is released.[/QUOTE

Exactly...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
key was in my pocket - all together possible it got bumped. Now I know. Maybe it startled me so that my foot was not on the brake and I hit the start button too putting it in accessory.

Thanks for the explanation :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Glad I decided to read this thread! Just went out to see how this might work.

Confirmation

Press Unlock 2 times, on 2nd time hold until the windows start moving!

Thanks for posting OP!
Great for cooling off the car on a HOT day...

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I think I've stated this before in another thread about this feature, but if you decide to close all windows via the key (hold turned left in the driver's door), make sure to hold it a bit longer than when the side windows close because they all seem to close at different rates and the sunroof seems to close last and would be a bad thing to keep slightly open if trying to keep wet weather out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.