Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the Acura dealers tint the front passengers windows.
Where can I have this done and how much.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Crisf said:
Can the Acura dealers tint the front passengers windows.
Where can I have this done and how much.
This depends on which dealer you are talking to. My dealer does it. But normally, the dealer's price is more expensive than 3rd party.

- JTM

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
My dealer sent it out to be done.

But they (the dealer) warrant the work.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Warranty for tinting

I agree with Dale. Usually the warranty is five years on fading and lifetime on workmanship here in San Diego. This pretty much sums up to if the film fades within five years the installer will replace it for free. If the installer did the work and resulted in bubbling, particulates between film and window then installer will replace it.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
PAUL123 - did you tint only the front windows or did you put tint over the already darkened back windows. I'm just trying to find out what to use for the fron that best matches the back. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Jeffb only front tinted

I would never put a tint over the already tinted back windows. I used the 35% solarguard tint that has a slight mirror look to match the back windows. Go for the tint that is a little more expensive like the solarguard or after a few years it will fade and look purple like I'm sure you have seen on the road on cheaper or less expensive cars. The solarguard never fades and stay looking mirror black for years forward. It also reduces the rays of light that fade the seats and burn the dashboards. If the interior is black you could use 35% to match, if you have a lighter interior you may want to consider the 20%. It's odd the american SUV's match at 20%, and the foreign BMW, Mercedes, and Acura match at 35%. I think it balances out the SUV and looks great!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
JeffB said:
PAUL123 - did you tint only the front windows or did you put tint over the already darkened back windows. I'm just trying to find out what to use for the fron that best matches the back. Thanks.
front windows only, initially used the 35% but now realizing it's a little to lite, I think I'm changing to 20%-15% this weekend. Still not sure?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've considered getting an 'almost clear' solarguard for the rest of my windows (already tinted the front ones) to help reflect the sun and heat during the hot summer months. I've noticed that my Red Rock with Tan Leather gets heated up more than my TL-S (Black with Black Leather) for probably two reasons - more glass, and less solarguard!

·
Registered
144 Posts
hey Prince--- I'm pretty sure I did 35 on my 2011 and it matched perfect. The pictures I have posted were before tinting---I'll try to post one tomorrow with the tint. BTW-- most states regulate the level you can use. When you go to an aftermarket or dealer--they are not supposed to put a higher tint (lower number) on the car or face fines if a person is ticketed.
I guess it depends on your vendor and how they feel about it--they may just warn you/ask you if you are willing to take the risk---and probably tell you not to let the cops know where you got it done.

hey CRISF---- my mothers family grew up on Howard Street , off McBride Ave---lived there from 1910 until 2000! before the grandkids sold the houses and moved to West Milford. Small world.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Yeah princeville revived a long dead thread.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Okay--finally got a cloudy day and got some pics of the tinting. These two show the best ones--I put all 5 in my photo gallery. I could not find the receipt for the tinting (have it somewhere because of the warranty)--but I am sure it is 35% 3M product. No probs with it since doing it in early 2011--both extremly hot, bright sun, and extremly cold.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you go to my "Member Gallery" (click on link below 2011 Grigio signature) and look at photo 14 (page 2) you will see what factory tint was on original vehicle and get a great comparison with current photos. (Man--do I have too much time on my hands or what!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay--finally got a cloudy day and got some pics of the tinting. These two show the best ones--I put all 5 in my photo gallery. I could not find the receipt for the tinting (have it somewhere because of the warranty)--but I am sure it is 35% 3M product. No probs with it since doing it in early 2011--both extremly hot, bright sun, and extremly cold.
perfect! i like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts