Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have a 2008 MDX and the front passenger window doesn't roll up. Like it will roll down fine but when i press the button to roll it up it usually stops halfway and immediately rolls back down. The only way for me to roll the window back up would be to go to the passenger side and then lightly hold the window key up and it would close. The automatic doesn't work. On rare occasions the windows rolls up perfectly. Anyone else ever had this problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Everyone, I have a 2008 MDX and the front passenger window doesn't roll up. Like it will roll down fine but when i press the button to roll it up it usually stops halfway and immediately rolls back down. The only way for me to roll the window back up would be to go to the passenger side and then lightly hold the window key up and it would close. The automatic doesn't work. On rare occasions the windows rolls up perfectly. Anyone else ever had this problem?
It might be the automatic switch for the window that is defective. My Acura TL had the same problem on the passenger side. The automatic function was pressed to rise it up, but it would get stuck and stop then go back down.

or sometimes it would just go up then back down. If I just press and hold to go up it works fine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sounds like the window is catching on something or getting pinched. It's as if it encounters resistance and then rolls back down - an anti-pinch feature. Maybe the internal arm is bent? Or the plastic rollers are broke or worn. That was a common problem on our old Saab, but we haven't had the X long enough to see this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts