Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a 2015 MDX SH-AWD, I have a wind whistle / wooshing noise coming from the front passenger area. It sounds like a window is open but none of the windows are open. It happens all the time, doesn't matter if the car is warm or just turned on, as soon as I drive over 10 mph you can hear it. I have changed tires and it didn't go away. I've open the windows and you can still hear it in the cabin with windows open. I've put the MDX in neutral while coasting and the noise is still there, turn off the climate control the noise is still there

Does anyone have suggestions on how to narrow down what this sound is? The dealership says they can't hear anything but everyone who goes in the MDX can hear it.

Please help!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have this too. But mine starts around 30 mph maybe? I'll try getting this addressed next time as well. It is super faint, but I can still hear it from the driver's seat and my wife is always telling me that her side whistles.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I've had issues with rubber door seals popping out along the door. I would double-check around the entire door for damaged or loose seals. I once replaced the windshield on my RDX and the tech did a poor job with the windshield trim. I started to hear a whistling sound and the trim along the top started to separate. Zero noise once they re-attached the rubber windshield strip. Any chance the trim around the windshield is coming loose?

·
Registered
394 Posts
i think i have the same issue with my '14.

i thought there was a thread from 2-3 years ago where the front windshield wind noise had something to do with the aerodynamics of front windshield assembly/frame itself? i could be wrong here, though.

i wonder if adding hood deflectors help?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another question/suggestion: do those having this problem have anything on or attached to the built-in roof racks, like cross bars? On previous cars I have found almost anything such as cross bars makes sound from wind go up dramatically.

Apologies if obvious and already addressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts