Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

New member here. I bought 2016 MDX Tech package last month. The truck was very quite compared to our 1st MDX.

I just bought Genuine OEM Moonroof visor and Crossbars online and had them installed at local Honda dealer yesterday. I noticed that there was wind noise when I was driving 70+ on highway.

Is it normal? Should I remove Crossbars or Moonroof visor?

Thank you very much for your help.

Akiko

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have crossbars on and truly haven't noticed any excessive wind noise and this is at speeds up to over 85mph (legal in Utah). This is with the sunroof closed.

I don't have the sunroof visor but I'd expect it could easily be a source of noise given it's leading edge location.

If you think the noise is due to the crossbars, they're very easy and quick to take off - just 2 bolts at each end of each crossbar. You could take them off and then just put them back on when you decide you need them for a trip or something.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is likely the crossbars. I only put mine on when I need them, as they add significant noise when over 60 MPH.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's the crossbars

I've installed the visor first and didn't notice any extra noise. However, after installing the cross bars, it definitely picked up. Personally I don't mind. The extra noise helps my kids sleep on those long drives. They're as aerodynamic as can be, but if you keep them on full time, expect the noise to remain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts