Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a lot of wind noise from the windshield (2002 with thicker glass). Anyone else have this problem? Would a hood deflector help by directing the airflow higher?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Steve said:
I am getting a lot of wind noise from the windshield (2002 with thicker glass). Anyone else have this problem? Would a hood deflector help by directing the airflow higher?
"A lot" is a relative term. I have no problem with my 2002, neither do I hear much about this topic on the 2002 model any more. This was a 2001 topic but not 2002.

You may need to have it check or have somebody measure the noise for sure.

Well.. how fast do you drive? ... I much stick to speed limit plus/minus 15 miles per hour.

:p

·
Registered
181 Posts
RedMdxMemphis's question about speed is right on the money. On my 2001, the wind noise doesn't seem to be too loud until I get to 70 - 75+.

·
Registered
91 Posts
wind noise -vs- road noise

I noticed that after about 85mph, road noise drowns out the wind noise...

Our 2002's main noise is from the back as I'm more used to a sedan with a trunk that buffer the rear noise.

Oh, look for "hidden" flyers that people may put on your car at parking lots. We had one that got jammed below the wind shield wipers and it did make a bit of a whistle until we found it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts