Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Was just wondering will this Kenwood KFC-W2505 10" sub fit and work with the bose system? If it will fit and work with the bose system will it be a good buy? I'm trying to find a sub that will fit without a lot modifications or adding a amp.

Here is some detailed info on it from crutchfield.
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-6CKNF4KWAkO/ProdView.asp?a=0&s=0&g=67600&id=essential_info&i=113W2505

You can purchase it at etronics for $49.99.
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kenkfcw2505

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
344 Posts
When I was digging through info on subs a few weeks ago, I believe the max depth was around 4 11/16ths. That would likely be the determining factor.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Remember you will still most likely have to get an adpter to fit the subwoofer as the holes don't match up and an aftermarket woofer will not really fit the original location. I have the Audiobahn woofer with about 4 1/2 depth and I still had to build an adapater as the woofer will not fit without any type of mounting bracket.:(

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just pulled the one that came from the factory out of it to look at the space and the original woofer. The original is a 2ohm Alpine rated at 50 watts. I am assuming that the amp that goes with it is rated at 50 watts of less into 2 ohms. The Kenwood you are looking at is 4 ohm. This may factor into the performance because some amps will not put out as much power into as the ohm load goes up. ie 50 to 2 ohm, 25 to 4 ohm, 12 to 8 ohm. Therefore, if you are looking to increase the stock woofer perfomance, you should probably stay with the same impedance (ohm) speaker. I have the standard system that came with my premium so your woofer may be different if you have the better system (I think it is Bose).

Also, I don't know how much volume is behind it and, like an earlier poster said, you will be limited by depth. Volume of the subwoofer enclosure can also effect the performance of the speaker. This will not be an overriding factor but one I thought I should mention.

Please let me know what you decide and if it is a marked improvement.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your inputs.

I'm going to install the Polk subwoofer, like some of the other members have done. I found the thread on how DaleB installed his and it doesn't look to complicated. I can use my rotozip to make the template.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts