Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Well today after some discussing with my parents, I've decided that I will be selling my 04 MDX this summer and replacing it with a Subaru WRX. While I'm still young and single, I want to drive something that I really enjoy and I can't think of anything more fun than a Subaru. I'll still be on the forum all the time and will be sure to post pics of my new toy around June when I buy it. Thanks everyone for your advice, and if you're in central Indiana and are looking for a pristine, babied MDX for a good price hit me up. :D

-Drew

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ya, I know you wanted to mod your MDX, but its definitely going to be easier to mod a WRX. Probably a better fit for you.
I agree Midnight, but I did have some interesting plans for my MDX, and some very interesting plans for my Subaru (not ricey I promise!!!) My MDX was a fantastic car and never gave me a singe problem. Some day in the distant future when I need a vehicle with more room, I won't hesitate for an instant to go right back to Acura.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's good to know that your MDX has served you well:)

Have fun and good luck with your new Subaru experience:29:
Thanks a lot! :29: I couldn't have asked for a better suv. She got me through every bit of weather that mother nature could throw at me but alas, I must move on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nooooo... NASIOC is so immature
NASIOC is extremely immature, which is why I will not be joining it. But instead I will be saving my questions for my friend Cody who is a Subaru tech :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
What year are you looking for? NASIOC is immature, but there is a lot of information there...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Doh...just saw your signature...2005...want to drive to California to buy my 2003?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doh...just saw your signature...2005...want to drive to California to buy my 2003?
I actually would consider that haha. But I still don't know how I feel about bug-eyes :D

And to answer your first question, basically any Subie that's in my price-range and meets my requirements (low mileage, and as few mods as possible)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll most likely make an account, and try my best to ask questions that won't get flamed too badly. haha

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, Midnight and I say Bug Eyes > Blob Eyes...:D
Lol Bug eyes are growing on me, but I'm just concerned about replacing my X with an older vehicle. I think 04 or newer would be a better choice. Plus, I've only been able to find one bug eye under 90K within 400 miles..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love my bugeye, but Id trade it in for a 07 legacy spec b in a heartbeat.
Have you had any significant issues with your 02? I found one with veeery low miles that I found consider but I'm just really hesitant to get an older vehicle than I currently own.. Hmm

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have 88K on my 03 and have had zero problems with it. It has been back to the dealer only for a couple of recalls. The 02 and 03's are almost identical. The 03 has an illuminated ignition key ring, a tether for the gas cap, and there is a different diameter vacuum tee that restricts boost a bit in first gear.

I am seriously looking at an 2011 STI...should have never test driven one:28:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have 88K on my 03 and have had zero problems with it. It has been back to the dealer only for a couple of recalls. The 02 and 03's are almost identical. The 03 has an illuminated ignition key ring, a tether for the gas cap, and there is a different diameter vacuum tee that restricts boost a bit in first gear.

I am seriously looking at an 2011 STI...should have never test driven one:28:
I'm pretty jealous that you might be getting a 2011 STI! I've heard that they're amazing. Here's the link to what I might be test-driving this week :D

EDIT: I've also become pretty obsessed with getting a WRX wagon! hehe

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Mint Condition

1 - 20 of 63 Posts