Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched multiple forums but found no information so I'm asking here. The subject is FRONT trailer hitch.

I'm considering a 1st or 2nd Gen MDX as a tow vehicle. I like them better than the Pilots for various reasons. I need a Front trailer hitch.

Front hitches are made for 1st Gen Pilots, and the same part number fits the 1st Gen Ridgeline. It's unclear to me whether it will fit 1st G MDX, but given the shared structure with the Pilot, you would assume it would fit. Don't know that definitively though, which is why I ask.

Trailer hitch dealers look at me like I'm a alien when I ask the question. Most are unfamiliar with front hitches to begin with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. Looking for the ability to hold a personal (non-commercial) snow plow, as well as for easier boat trailer parking in tight quarters.

The 2nd Gen Pilot has such a front hitch and the basic structure of the 2 vehicles is largely the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm also interested hearing the answer to this. I want to use the front hitch to hold a winch basket. So when I'm in driving in snowy roads/off roads in Utah winter, I have a shot at recovering myself.

The pilot model for a Curt front hitch is: 33328. I emailed Curt to ask if they if they knew if it would fit, or if it would not. they didn't know.

I'll probably end up buying it at risk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Thanks for the instructions.

I went out and looked under the car. It looks like similar holes are certainly there. Is there interference or some other difference? TBD....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts