Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2018 base MDX and I would like to install the tech package, wide-angle (drivers side) mirror in order to reduce blind spots. I spoke with two Acura part techs, one was worried about the mirror fitting and the other was worried about error codes.

I originally was worried about rear clearance, although I don't think that would be an issue. The base model doesn't have heated mirrors, so I assume I won't have any wires to connect to the mirror, therefor no error codes.

I'm more more concerned with the mirror hitting during adjustment travel. The parts department mentioned the tech package housing is different; although this could be because of radar not size.

Here's a photo with measurements (sorry it's hard to read - width (7 & 3/4inch), narrow height (4 & 3/4inch), widest height (5 & 3/4inch).

I'm curious if anyone with a 2017/2018/2019 MDX Tech or Adv could measure and compare?

Any help/input is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods, if this should be posted in the 3rd gen, not help please move or I could repost...I wasn't sure the best place for it. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts