Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've viewed certain threads and forums trying to find out why everyone likes zanio. I have tried it and don't like it. Are there tips for a better shine, how about a better product!

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Jeep4life said:
I've viewed certain threads and forums trying to find out why everyone likes zanio. I have tried it and don't like it. Are there tips for a better shine, how about a better product!
Jeep4life,

Can you be more specific on why you don't like it? :8:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
"Zanio"? Maybe you've been using an inferior knockoff of the real thing (Zaino) ;)

What didn't you like about it? What kinda car? Color? What process did you use to apply? Which products? How much? What do you want: shine or longevity or both?

That might be a start to helping you find something that better suits you and your paint.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have purchased sal's products about three months ago. I followed his instructions to the "T"!!! I washed, clayed, wash, apply Z1, apply Z2x2. I used the PC7336 (Porter Cable) to apply Z1 to make sure I had a even coat throught the surface of the car. I use MF towels to remove all polish and wax. I have a Black vehicle so I'm looking for a superior finish. I have no swirl marks or scratches. I've call and email Sal several times. He responds by telling to re polish by hand. Nothing seems to work! What am I doing wrong?

This is what I'm getting: Lots of hazing/marring, different color blotches i.e. like spots of the paint look darker than the rest. The car is not hot at all. I'm open to all suggestions.

Anybody have better results with Nufinish or Blackfire or Zymol?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
- Zaino should be applied by hand; PC is overkill.
- Zaino should be buffed w/a cotton towel; microfiber can't hold all the residue (how many MF's did you use to buff?)
- BTW, doing those 2 things isn't following the instructions to a "T"

- How much z2 did you put on (how many ounces per coat)?
- How long did you wait for it to dry?
- Did you do the finger test?
- How long did you wait between z2 applications?
- Did or have you washed after z2 application?

- What kind of car/truck?
- z5 is better on black IMO, especially if it's metallic.

If you want a polymer then Blackfire is worth a try; not as slick as Zaino but a "warmer" finish, reportedly. Klasse is OK too but you might get hazing from the SG. If you're going wax and want superior finish then get S100/P21S or Souveran. Former will last 4-6 weeks and latter just a few, assuming it's garaged.

My guess is too much product used, not dry, and not buffed properly. I'd also guess that your "marring" and "splotching" is really smearing as a result.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not a Zaino user, but I can tell you that your experience with it is far from the normal results with it. I would either a) pose this question to the Autopians (www.autopia.org, be sure to post in the Autopia University section) or b) show it to a local detailer or body shop pro to see if they can identify why you are getting spotting from the product. My guesses would either be that something is on the surface of the paint that is keeping the product from bonding evenly, or improper use of the RO sander (no offense). What speeds are you using? I tend to agree with Sal. You shouldn't need a PC to work with Zaino.

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
its zaino

It makes your car shine inside out
and brings a :p to every face.
:6:
ZFX rules all i had to do is have few drops
with Z5 and then did 3 coats one saturday
and 2 coats of z2 with ZFX
walla its done. ZFX RULES saves soooo much
wait time.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: its zaino

sivaveera said:
It makes your car shine inside out
and brings a :p to every face.
:6:
ZFX rules all i had to do is have few drops
with Z5 and then did 3 coats one saturday
and 2 coats of z2 with ZFX
walla its done. ZFX RULES saves soooo much
wait time.
I agree with you, I also use ZFX with Z5 and Z2. A few drops of ZFX with whichever product, apply, wait about 15-20 minutes, and wipe off. The most beautiful shine I ever seen....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think Worm has it. It appears you are not letting it dry. Using Z2, Z-5 in cooler climates, below 70, your dry time is extended. What you have described is very common when Zaino is taken offf before it is dry.

I have seen it take 6-8 hours in 55 degree weather and on just a bit too thick.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sal Zaino for President

ZFX must be the key. I Zaino'd this weekend in Chicago. It was about 45-50 degrees. I was able to apply 3 coats of Z5 in about a 3.5 hour period. I kept the car in the garage, so maybe that helped, but from reading other posts and talking to Sal, this would not have been possible using Z1 instead of ZFX.

The finish on my black 4 year old car NEVER looked this good.

Now, just waiting for my MBP to get here so I can do the same...
:D

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
My Z5 Smearing Problem Solved

Jeep4life said:

This is what I'm getting: Lots of hazing/marring.......car is not hot at all. I'm open to all suggestions.

I was also having problems with the new Z5 smearing. Tried putting it on thinner (1/3 oz.), applying in warmer weather (90+ in garage), used with ZFX, and still had smearing. The smearing was not as bad when applying real thin or using ZFX but it was still there. Had to buff with water spray to remove smearing after applying Z5.

I, like Jeep4life, was about to give up on Zaino.

Then I tried the new bottle of Z5 that I received during the group buy. What a difference. No smearing, came off very easy, no buffing with water to remove smearing. I could put it on thick or thin and it dried fast and removed completely with little effort and the shine was great.

After a conversation with Sal he guessed that my bottle of Z5 that was smearing had probably been exposed to excessive heat causing it not to cure properly.

For an older thread "Zaino - New Z5" discussing this problem check out this link:

http://acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6093&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
33 Posts
z6 spraying

try to spray mist of Z6 after you have cleaned z5 coat (remember to spray sparingly) and then again clean it with a clean towel( do not use the same towel with which you had removed z5 it might leave the polish back on the car).
Z6 enhances the polish also removes that extra polish from the car
:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
hmm, interesting . . . .

this is the second time ive seen the exact same post from Jeep4life . . .

gents, all your info and advice may be better spent on someone who actually is interested in hearing it.

if im wrong, then Ill apologize - but I am suspicious of repetitive threads on various forums and boards saying all the same stuff.

on another board, it seemed he was getting a little huffy . . . :confused:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hmmm, yes, I have noticed Jeep has only 6 posts and never really follows up on any posts....kinda like guerilla posting......as opposed to trolling.:mad:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I myself have refered 6 people to Zanio and each one of them LOVED it. In fact 2 of those people gave Zanio as holiday gifts to some people.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Zaino at Costco!!

This should make everyone happy especially the folks that distribute Zaino!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Are you sure it wasnt Zymol? I highly doubt they would start distributing Zaino at Costco, expecially when the discount for group buys are so small.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts